戳心!99%的人都把单身想得太简单了!

2017-05-04 08:20:43  每日学英语
社会不断发展,人们的爱情观婚姻观也在不断变化。如果要一个人过一生,你会想到什么?是放浪形骸,潇洒不羁爱自由?还是茕茕孑立,孤独终老?外国知乎Quora提出了一个问题:Is it hard to live as a bachelor your whole life(打一辈子光棍难吗?),咱们一起来看看老外们是怎么看待这件事的吧。
宝宝能怎么办,宝宝也不想单身啊!

悲观派:

From Aman Bathla:

It is incredibly tough!

单身生活真的太艰难了!

Having a soul-mate to share everything with, is something every person on earth longs for.

有一个灵魂伴侣能够与你分享每一件事是每个人的终极追求目标。

It is as if the creator has ingeniously planted an unbreakable code into each one of us

就好像造物者在我们的体内植入了一个无法被破解的代码,

that keeps us craving for an everlasting friend, who we can concede all our worries and troubles to.

让我们不懈地追求着一个永恒的朋友,一个我们能与之分享烦恼的朋友。

宝宝能怎么办,宝宝也不想单身啊!

From Jay Bazzinotti:

Yes it is and sucks more and more as you get older.

很难,而且年纪越大,单身就越难。

Now, it's relatively easy to find anyone to marry

当然,现在是很容易就可以找到人结婚,

but it's not just as easy as grabbing the first available woman who will have you andtying the knot.

但是想要吸引一个愿意和你结婚的未婚女子却没有那么容易。

I don't regret the good times I had or the adventures or the exciting romanticrendezvous

我并不后悔在冒险或令人兴奋的浪漫约会上花费的美好时光,

but I think

但是我觉得,

all those things pale in comparison to sharing consistent, cohesive moments with someone you build a future with and plan to grow old with.

和找到一个共度一生的人分享持久而和谐的团聚时刻相比,那些事显得太过苍白无力。

In addition, the silence of being alone is deafening.

除此之外,独自一人时的寂静太过难受。

You can fill your hours with activities, reading, volunteering and more

你可以用活动、阅读、当志愿者和其它事情充实自己的生活,

but coming home to an empty house and wondering who will find you if you die alone in the middle of the night, and who will even care, is one of the most pathetic fears of an aging bachelor's life.

但是回家之后,面对着空无一人的屋子,你会想,如果你在深夜孤独死去,有谁会来找你、有谁会在乎你?对于一个日渐老去的单身汉来说,这是生活中最悲哀可怕的事情之一。

宝宝能怎么办,宝宝也不想单身啊!

乐观派:

From Anirudh Anupama:

Nope. I have an uncle who is 65 and has been divorced and single since past 35 years.

不难。我有一个65岁的叔叔,他从离婚开始已经单身35年了。

He enjoys his life to the full extent.

他完全是在享受生活。

He has been an X- Ray technician in a cancer hospital for whole of his life and is working after retirement too.

他一辈子都在一家肿瘤医院做X光技术员,在退休以后也仍在工作。

He earns decent amount to fund his regular visits to nearby pilgrimage places.

他的收入相当充裕,足够他定期去附近的朝圣地转转。

He has told me one thing which has motivated me the most,

他告诉我一件非常鼓舞我的事:

"If you can enjoy your own company, then you need no one else to entertain you all the time."

“如果你能够享受自己一个人的生活,那么你就没必要让另一个人来一直取悦你。”

宝宝能怎么办,宝宝也不想单身啊!

From Steven Clarke:

No. I'm 56 and have never been married. I have no children.

不难。我今年56岁,从没结过婚,也没有孩子。

I've had my ups and downs, but so have my married friends.

我经历了人生中的高低起伏,但是我那些已婚朋友们也同样经历了那些。

Being married doesn't guarantee happiness. Being single doesn't condemn one to misery.

结婚并不能保证幸福,单身也不意味着不幸。

There are many paths through life, all are complicated and most have their share of joy and misery.

人生之路有很多条,每一天都很复杂,都有其快乐与不幸。

Staring longingly at an idealized picture of someone else's path will only result in missing out on the joy and richness of experience on your own path.

用渴望的目光看着别人那条理想化的路途,只会让你错失了自己人生之路上的欢乐与丰富经历。

宝宝能怎么办,宝宝也不想单身啊!

Vocabulary:

bachelor 英 ['bætʃələ] 美 ['bætʃəlɚ] 单身汉

ingeniously [ɪn'dʒinjəsli] adv. 贤明地;有才能地

tie the knot结婚

rendezvous 英 ['rɒndɪvuː; -deɪvuː] 美 ['rɑndevʊ] n. 约会

deafening 英 ['defnɪŋ] 美 ['dɛfnɪŋ] adj. 震耳欲聋的;极喧闹的

pathetic 英 [pə'θetɪk] 美 [pə'θɛtɪk] adj. 可怜的,悲哀的

pilgrimage 英 ['pɪlgrɪmɪdʒ] 美 ['pɪlɡrɪmɪdʒ] n. 漫游;朝圣之行

看了这两派不同的观点后你有什么想法?你如何看待单身一辈子?欢迎留言哦。

本周热门