38 SPRING MORNING
|
三十八 春天的早晨
|
A. A. Milne
|
阿·亚·米尔恩
|
Where am I going ? I don't quite know. |
去到啥地方?我可说不上。 |
Down to the stream where the king-cups grow — |
去那小溪旁,驴蹄草儿长—— |
Up on the hill where the pine-trees blow — |
去那山岗上,满山松涛响—— |
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know. |
啥地方,都一样。我可没主张。 |
Where am I going ? The clouds sail by, |
我去啥地方?云彩挂帆过, |
Little ones, baby ones, over the sky. |
小云彩,云宝宝,天上飘几朵。 |
Where am I going ? The shadows pass, |
我去啥地方?影子穿梭来, |
Little ones, baby ones, over the grass. |
小影子,影宝宝,草地上一排排。 |
If you were a cloud, and sailed up there, |
假如你是片云彩,扬帆向那边, |
You'd sail on water as blue as air, |
你就航行在水上,水似天空蓝, |
And you'd see me here in the fields and say: |
你会瞧见我站在这儿野地里说: |
"Doesn't the sky look green today?" |
"今天的天空看来是不是绿颜色?" |
Where am I going? The high rooks call: |
我去啥地方?高个乌鸦大声叫: |
"It's awful fun to be born at all. " |
"活在世上真正有趣得不得了。" |
Where am I going? The ring-doves coo: |
我去啥地方?斑尾林鸽咕咕叫: |
"We do have beautiful things to do. " |
"我们要干的美妙事情真不少。" |
If you were a bird, and lived on high, |
假如你是只小鸟,栖在高枝上, |
You'd lean on the wind when the wind came by, |
你就靠着吹来的风儿去飞翔, |
You'd say to the wind when it took you away: |
风儿带你走,你会对着风儿讲: |
"That's where I wanted to go today !" |
"那就是今儿我想去的好地方。" |
Where am I going? I don't quite know. |
去到啥地方?我可说不上。 |
What does it matter where people go ? |
人们去哪儿不都一个样? |
Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow — |
去林中,风铃草儿满地长—— |
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know. |
啥地方,都一样。我可没主张。 |
|
屠 笛译 |