1. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become _____.
A) hurt C) spoiled
B) damaged D) harmed
2. There were some _____ flowers on the table.
A) artificial C) false
B) unnatural D) unreal
3. Many people complain of the rapid _____ of modern life.
A) rate C) pace
B) speed D) denied
4. American women were _____ the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard struggle.
A) ignored C) refused
B) neglected D) denied
5. There's little chance that mankind would _____ a nuclear war.
A) retain C) maintain
B) endure D) survive
6. Our company decided to _____ the contract because a number of the conditions in it had not
A) destroy C) assume
B) resist D) cancel
7. In the advanced course students must take performance tests at monthly _____ .
A) gaps C) length
B) intervals D) distance
8. The _____ of blood always makes him feel sick.
A) form C) look
B) view D) sight
9. Free medical treatment in this country covers sickness of mind as well as _____ sicknesses.