Part I Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)
Directions: In this section you will hear 10 short conversations. At the end of each conversation a question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause you must read the four choices marked［A］,［B］,［C］ and［D］, and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
Example: You will hear:
You will read: ［A］ At the office. ［B］ In the waiting room.
［C］ At the airport. ［D］ In a restaurant.
From the conversation we know that the two were talking about some work they had to finish in the evening. This is most likely to have taken place at the office. Therefore ［A］“At the office” is the best answer. You should choose ［A］ on the Answer Sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre.
Sample Answer ［A］ ［B］ ［C］ ［D］
1. ［A］ His father. ［B］ His mother.
［C］ His brother. ［D］ His sister.
2. ［A］ A job opportunity. ［B］ A position as general manager.
［C］ A big travel agency. ［D］ An inexperienced salesman.
3. ［A］ Having a break. ［B］ Continuing the meeting.
［C］ Moving on to the next item. ［D］ Waiting a little longer.
4. ［A］ The weather forecast says it will be fine. ［B］ The weather doesn’t count in their plan.
［C］ They will not do as planned in case of rain. ［D］ They will postpone their program if it rains.
5. ［A］ He wishes to have more courses like it. ［B］ He finds it hard to follow the teacher.