Part I Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)
1. A) The man hates to lend his tools to other people.
B) The man hasn’t finished working on the bookshelf.
C) The tools have already been returned to the woman.
D) The tools the man borrowed from the woman are missing.
2. A) Give the ring to a policeman.
B) Wait for the owner of the ring in the rest room.
C) Hand in the ring to the security office.
D) Take the ring to the administration building.
3. A) Save time by using a computer.
B) Buy her own computer.
C) Borrow Martha’s computer.
D) Stay home and complete her paper.
4. A) The man doesn’t have money for his daughter’s graduate studies.
B) The man doesn’t think his daughter will get a business degree.
C) The man insists that his daughter should pursue her studies in science.
D) The man advises his daughter to think carefully before making her decision.
5. A) The cinema is some distance away from where they are.
B) He would like to read the film review in the newspaper.
C) They should wait to see the movie at a later time.
D) He’ll find his way to the cinema.
6. A) He’s been to Seattle many times.
B) He has chaired a lot of conferences.
C) He has a high position in his company.
D) He lived in Seattle for many years.
7. A) Teacher and student.
B) Doctor and patient.
C) Manager and office worker.
D) Travel agent and customer.
8. A) She knows the guy who will give the lecture.
B) She thinks the lecture might be informative.
C) She wants to add something to her lecture.
D) She’ll finished her report this weekend.