Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)
Directions: In this section you will hear 10 short conversations. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was s aid. Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause， you must read the four suggested answers marked A)，B)，C)and D) and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
Example: You will hear:
You will read: A) 2 hours. B) 3 hours.
C) 4 hours. D) 5 hours.
From the conversation we know that the two are talking about some work they will start at 9 o'clock in the morning and have to finish at 2 in the afternoon. Therefore, D)"5 hours" is the correct answer. You should choose ［D］ on the Answer Sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre.
Sample Answer ［A］［B］［C］［D］
1. A) Swimming. B) Playing tennis. C) Boating. D) Playing table tennis.
2. A) She is going to Finland. B) She has visitors next week.
C) She has guests at her home. D) She has just visited him this week.
3. A) Get some coins at the cafe. B) Buy her a cup of coffee at the cafe.
C) Get some coffee from the machine. D) Try to fix the machine.
4. A) They spent three hundred dollars on their vacation.
B) They drew money than they should have from the bank.
C) They lost their bankbook.
D) They had only three hundred dollars in the bank.
5. A) To find out her position in the company.
B) To apply for a job.
C) To offer her a position in the company.
D) To make an appointment with the sales manager.
6. A) He is surprised. B) He feels very happy.
C) He is indifferent. D) He feels very angry.
7. A) He hasn't cleaned his room since Linda visited him.
B) Linda is the only person who ever comes to see him.
C) He's been too busy to clean his room.
D) Cleaning is the last thing he wants to do.
8. A) She is a generous woman by nature. B) It doesn't have a back cover.
C) She feels the man's apology is enough. D) It is no longer of any use to her.
9. A) To remind him of the data he should take to the conference.
B) To see if he is ready for the coming conference.
C) To tell him something about the conference.
D) To help him prepare for the conference.
10. A) The long wait.
B) The brokendown computer.
C) The mistakes in her telephone bill.
D) The bad telephone service.