Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)
Directions:In this section,you will hear 10 short conversations.At the end of each conversation,a question will be asked about what was said.Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once.After each question there will be a pause .During the pause,you must read the four choices marked A),B),C)and D),and decide which is the best answer.Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.Example: you will hear:
You will read:
A)At the office
B)In the waiting room
C)At the airport
D)In a restaurant Form the conversation we know that the two were talking ablut some work they had to finish in the evening.This is most likely to have taken place at the office.Therefore,A)"At the office"is the best answer.You should choose [A] on the Answer sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre.
Sample Answer [A][B][C][D]
1. A)A math teacher and his colleague. C)A student and his classmate B)A teacher and his student. D)A librarian and a student
2. A)Tony could not continue the experiment B)Tony finished the experiment last night. C)Tony thought the experiment was well done. D)Tony had expected the experiment to be easier.
3. A)She can't put up with the noise. B)She wants to save money to buy a piano. C)The present apartment is too expensive. D)She has found a job a neighbouring area.
4. A)He is not very enthusiastic about his English lessons. B)He has made great progress in his English.C)He is a student of the music department.D)He is not very interested in English songs.
5. A)At home. C)In a car B)In a restaurant. D)On the street.
6. A)His injury kept him at home. C)He was too weak to see the doctor. B)He didn't think it necessary. D)He failed to make an appointment.