001. Most of these leaders were involved in public life as reformers, activists working for women's right to vote, or authors, and were not representative at all of the great of ordinary women.
The word "representative" is closest in meaning to which of following?
002. In the United States, Louis Comfort Tiffany (1843-1933) was the most noted exponent of this style, producing a great variety of glass forms and surfaces, which were widely copied in their time and are highly prized today.
The word "prized" is closest in meaning to which of following?
003. The Art Nouveau style was a major force in the decorative arts from 1895 until 1915, although its influence continued throughout the mid-1920's. It was eventually to be overtaken追上，赶上 by a new school of thought known as Functionalism that had been present since the turn of the century.
The word "overtaken" is closest in meaning to which of following?
(A) surpassed 超过，优于;多于
004. During most of their lives, surge glaciers behave like normal glaciers, traveling perhaps only a couple of inches per day. However, at intervals间隔时间 of 10 to 100 years, these glaciers move forward up to 100 times faster than usual.
The word "intervals" is closest in meaning to which of following?
005. The increasing water pressure under the glacier might lift it off its bed, overcoming the friction between ice and rock, thus freeing解除 the glacier, which rapidly sliders downhill. Surge glaciers also might be influenced by the climate, volcanic heat, or earthquakes.
The word "freeing" is closest in meaning to which of following?
(D) draining (使)流干流走