一 Space Research
1. The oldest and purest of the arguments for space exploration is the advancement of science and technology.
2. We will go into space, not to bring back things which make us richer or more comfortable here on Earth. We will go there to live and make it our home.
3. The exploration to the universe is a high ideal –space truly is the final frontier .
4. The instinct to explore is fundamentally human; already some of our most amazing achievements have taken place in space.
5. No one can deny the sense of wonder.
6. The exploitation of space has directly changed our world. Satellites orbiting the Earth allow us to communicate instantaneously with people on different continents, and to broadcast to people all over the world.
7. Weather satellites save lives by giving advance warning of adverse conditions, and together with other scientific instruments in orbit they have helped us understand our own world better.