1. Your Work or Your Studies
· Do you work or are you a student?
Well, I am a senior in Zhejiang University and I’m planning to pursue my
master’s degree in the U.K after my graduation. That’s why I take this test.
1a) Your Work
General Description of Your Job
· What job (or, what work) do you do?
I’m a teacher at an English training center. I’ve been working there for
several years. It’s my pleasure to see my students make progress, so I think
this job is very suitable for me.
· What is the nature of that work?
It’s a teaching job. I help the students improve their English language skills
and most of them are planning to take IELTS.
· What do you do in that job?
I teach English, both productive and receptive skills. My job is to help my
students succeed in their studies and pass exams if they need to.
· Would you say your job (or, your work) is very important? 、
I think so. I think the world will be much worse if there’re no teachers,
especially good ones. I think my job is very important to the society.
· How do you think your subject will help you (or, benefit you) in the future?
I’m planning to be a teacher. Now I major in TESOL, which can help me
learn teaching skills and I’m sure in the future I’ll be a qualified teacher
because of my educational background. However, experience is also
important, so I can’t stop learning even after I start working.