1．There are some good reasons for…(分析原因)two possible人民生活状况的改善原因有两点。首先，我们一直在贯彻执行改革开放政策。其次，国民经济正在迅速发展，而且出生率已经得到控制。
There are two reasons for the improvement in people’s living conditions. In the first place, we have been carrying out the reform and opening-up policy. Secondly, there has been a rapid expansion of our national economy . Further-more, the birth rate has been put under control.
2. My suggestions to deal with the problem are as follows. In the first place,… Secondly,…Finally… solvetacklerelieve（提出建议）我对解决这个问题的建议如下。首先，迫在眉睫的是建立自然保护区。其次，有些濒临灭绝的珍稀野生动物应该收捕、人工喂养并繁殖。最后，对于捕猎珍稀野生动物的人必须严惩。
My suggestions to deal with the problem are as follows . To begin with, it is urgent to create nature reserves. Secondly, certain rare wild animals that are going to be extinct should be collected, fed and reproduced artificially. Finally , those who hunter them must be punished severely.
3. Different people have different opinions on this question. Some people believe that … Others problem. Matter .argue that… Still others assert that…
People differ in their attitudes towards failure. Faced with it , some of them can stand up to it .draw useful lessons from it and try hard to fulfill what they are determined to do. Others, however, lose heart and give in.
4. It is important (necessary, urgent, difficult, easy, expensive, desirable, advisable, convenient, comfortable) for sb. to do sth. （发表意见）人们希望建立更多的医院、购物中心、娱乐中心、电影院和其他公用设施来满足人民日益增长的需求。It is desirable to build more hospitals, shopping centres, recreation centres, cinemas and other public facilities to meet the growing needs of people.
5. As a popular saying goes “Everything has two sides.” (分析利弊)常言道：“事物总是一分为二的”。如今人们从科技发明中得到越来越多的好处。另一方面，科技进步也给我们带来了许多麻烦。现在许多国家的人民饱尝公害之苦。
As a popular saying goes, “Everything has two sides.” Now people (the public)are benefiting more and more from scientific and technological inventions. On the other hand, the progress of science and technology is bringing us a lot of trouble. People in many countries are suffering from public hazards.
6. For example, … （举例阐述）For instance, …Let’s take …for example.就拿汽车为例。汽车不仅污染城市空气，而且使城市拥挤不堪。此外，汽车造成许多交通事故。汽车所产生的噪音使居住在街道两旁的居民日夜不得安宁。
Let’s take cars for example. They not only pollute the air in cities, but make them crowed. Furthermore, they cause a lot of traffic accidents. (…, they are responsible for a lot of traffic accidents.) The noise made by cars disturbs the residents living on both sides of streets all day and night.
7. It is generally believed that …accepted （引证观点）thoughtheld普遍认为，在发达国家人口增长的主要原因与其说是出生率的上升，还不如说是由于医疗保健的改善的使死亡率下降了。
It is generally believed (=thought) that the chief reason for the increase in population in developed countries is not so much the rise in birth rates as the decline in death rates as a result of the improvement in medical care.8. …causes (produces, brings about, leads to, results in …)（因果关系）毫无疑问，需求的增长导致了价格的上涨。
There is no doubt that the increase in demand causes (results in/leads to) the rise in prices.