Part 1: (page 1---10)
1. The a_____________ of the royal birth was broadcast to the nation.
2. He caused his parents great a__________ by cycling long distance alone.
3. I made an a_____________ to my host and left early.
4. There are strong a___________ for and against capital punishment.
5. “Would you please place the piano with its back a________ the wall? In case you might damage it.”
6. He told me about his a___________ on the lonely island.
7. I was pleased that he gladly a_________ our invitation.
8. The visitors a________ the beauty of the natural park so much that they visited it a second time.
9. It will take you half an hour to get to the station, a________ for traffic delay.
10．Tobacco is taxed in most countries, a_______ with alcohol.