1. — Have you known each other for long?
— Not very long, ____ we started to work in the company.
A. after B. before C. when D. since
2. — Did you enjoy yourself at the party?
— Sorry to say I didn’t. It was ____ a meeting than a party.
A. much of B. more like C. less of D. more or less
3. He is rather difficult to make friends with, but his friendship, ____, is more true than any other.
A. once gained B. when to gain
C. after is gained D. while gaining
4. The river, ____ are covered with trees, is very long.
A. which banks B. of which banks
C. whose the banks D. the banks of which
5. ____ it will do us harm or good remains to be seen.
A. If B. Whether C. That D. Where
6. We should do more such exercises in the future, I think, ____ we did yesterday.
A. as B. which C. that D. than
7. I am so glad that I have found the same modern computer ____ I am working on.
A. which B. as C. that D. where
8. ____ method you choose, so long as you finish the job on time.
A. It isn’t a matter to me what B. What doesn’t matter is that