41. A word processor is much better than a typewriter in that it enables you to enter and your text more easily.
［A］ register ［B］ edit ［C］ propose ［D］ discharge
42. We don’t know why so many people in that region like to wear dresses of such colors.
［A］ low ［B］ humble ［C］ mild ［D］ dull
43. The news has just ________________ that the president is going to visit China next month.
［A］ come down ［B］ come up ［C］ come out ［D］ come about
44. The ________________ that exists among nations could certainly be lessened if misunderstanding and mistrust were removed.
［A］ tension ［B］ strain ［C］ stress ［D］ intensity
45. The other day, Mum and I went to St. James’s Hospital, and they did lots and lots of tests on me, most of them ________________ and frightening.
［A］ cheerful ［B］ horrible ［C］ hostile ［D］ friendly
46. In the Mediterranean seaweed is so abundant and so easily harvested that it is never of great ________________.
［A］ fare ［B］ payment ［C］ worth ［D］ expense
47. The writer was so ________________ in her work that she didn’t notice him enter the room.
［A］ absorbed ［B］ abandoned ［C］ focused ［D］ centered