41. Some people believe that since oil is scarce, the ______ of the motor industry is uncertain.
［A］ terminal ［B］ benefit ［C］ fate ［D］ estimate
42. To speed up the ______of letters, the Post Office introduced automatic sorting.
［A］ treatment ［B］ delivery ［C］ transmission ［D］ departure
43. These overseas students show great ______ for learning a new language.
［A］ enthusiasm ［B］ authority ［C］ convention ［D］ faith
44. The defense lawyer was questioning the old man who was one of the ______ of the murder committed last month.
［A］ observers ［B］ witnesses ［C］ audiences ［D］ viewers
45. Politically these nations tend to be ______, with very high birth rates but poor education and very low levels of literacy.
［A］ unstable ［B］ reluctant ［C］ rational ［D］ unsteady
46. The chairman was blamed for letting his secretary ______ too much work last week.