41. People’s expectations about the future may have more influence on their sense of well-being than their ______ state does.
［A］ current ［B］ initial ［C］ modern ［D］ primitive
42. After working all day, he was so tired that he was in no ______ to go to the party with us.
［A］ taste ［B］ mood ［C］ sense ［D］ emotion
43. There is already clear ______ to show that plants and animals are being affected by climate change.
［A］ witness ［B］ certification ［C］ identity ［D］ evidence
44. Many women still feel that they are being ______ by a male culture, particularly in the professional services sector.
［A］ held back ［B］ held forth ［C］ held on ［D］ held out
45. The findings paint a unique picture of the shopping habits of customers, plus their motivation and ______ .
［A］ privileges ［B］ possibilities ［C］ possessions ［D］ preferences
46. It’s good to know that quite a few popular English expressions actually ______ from the Bible.
［A］ acquire ［B］ obtain ［C］ derive ［D］ result
47. Tom, did it ever ______ to you that you would be punished for cheating on exams?
［A］ happen ［B］ occur ［C］ reflect ［D］ strike
48. In the US, 88 percent of smokers had started before they were 18, despite the fact that it is ______ to sell cigarettes to anyone under that age.
［A］ liable ［B］ liberal ［C］ irrational ［D］ illegal
49. According to the key witnesses, a peculiarly big nose is the criminal’s most memorable facial ______.
［A］ feature ［B］ hint ［C］ spot ［D］ signature