1. The speech which he made _______ the football match bored a lot of fans to death.
A. concerning B. to concern
C. concern D. concerned
2. —What happened to you on your way back to the hotel last night?
—I lost my way in complete darkness and, ______ things worse, it began to pour.
A. making B. to make
C. having made D. made
3. There were a lot _______ people in the hall than I had expected.
A. of B. more of C. of more D. more
4. Bush stood _______ for a moment when an old solider suddenly appeared before him.
A. surprising B. surprised
C. surprisingly D. surprise
5. The students expected _______ to be more reviewing classes before the final exams.
A. that B. it C. there D. one
6. —Dad, I’ve finished my assignment.