17. — Hello, Jeff speaking. May I speak to Mr. Gordon?
— __________. He is on business.
A. Sorry, he isn’t in B. Thank you for calling C. Not at all
18. — Is________ here?
— No. Kate is ill in hospital.
A. someone B. anyone C. everyone
19. Look! The passenger in front of you _________ games with his HTC One M8.
A. is playing B. are playing C. were playing
20.— How do you like the 2014 FIFA Word Cup Brazil ?
— It’s very _______ , I’m loving it.
A. boring B. disappointing C. exciting
21.— What are you going to do this weekend , Laura?
— I _________ go to see the movie Coming Home，but I’m not sure。
A. must B. need C. might
22. — _______ does it take from our school to the farm by bus?
— About one hour and half.
A. How far B. How long C. How often
23. Who’s going to _________ the baby while her mother is away?
A. look at B. look after C. look like
24. — Hi, Kimmy. Do you know Jam Hsiao?
— Sure. He is popular singer _______ comes from Taiwan.
A. who B. which C. whom
25. I love Xiamen._______ the weather here . It is either too hot nor too cold all the year round.
A .usually B. specially C. especially
26. This June is a special month for me. I’m wondering ________ the beautiful days in middle school.
A. what will remind me of B. what will I remind of C. what I will remind of
27.Jimmy ________ in Shanghai for seven years. Now he lives abroad with his father.
A. studies B. studied C. has studied
28. -- It shouldn’t take long to clear up after the get-together if we all volunteer to help.
-- I quite agree with you ________.
A. Practice makes perfect B. Many hands make light work C. Better late than never