第四节 长音[ i: ]和短音 [ i ]
Exercise One: Word Comparison
Listen to the following words from your tape and repeat.
bid bead live leave gin jean
mid mead grin green pick peak
lick leak it pete
Exercise Two: Tongue Twisters
Say these tongue twisters out loud to practice the sounds [ i: ] & [i ]
1. Tim’s team was licked by the leaking roof.
2. Pip and Pete shipped the sheep ships cheaply.
3. Those bins are for Bill Beal’s beans.
4. Does Jim still steal Jill’s jeans?
5. Will Wheeler’s team get many hits in the heat?
6. The girls snickered at Jill and Jean’s sneakers.
7. Leaving the living sinners at the scene, Will Wheeler grieved.
8. Pick cherries at peak or Pete will see the pits.
9. Beach bins are filled with field filler.
10. He’s giving his healing pills to all sinners on the scene.