Exercise 1-1:Noun intonation
Practice the noun stress pattern after me, using pitch change. Add your own examples.
1. Dogs eat bones. 11. Jerry makes music.
2. Mike likes bikes. 12. Jean sells some apples.
3. Elsa wants a book. 13. Carol paints the car.
4. Adam plays pool. 14. Bill and I fix the bikes.
5. Bobby needs some money. 15. Ann and Ed call the kids.
6. Susie combs her hair. 16. The kids like the candy.
7. John lives in France. 17. The girls have a choice.
8. Nelly teaches French. 18. The boys need some help.
9. Ben writes articles.
10. Keys open locks.
+ Pause the CD.
V Practice the patterns five more times on your own, using your rubber band.