1. What type are you? Corn-fed, salt-of-the-earth Missouri guy.
2. Amy, you know what would make dad's night.
3. Is she kind of standoffish?
4. Sir, please don't take that tone with me.
5. My parents' publisher dropped them, and they're in debt up to their ears.
6. I would get knots in my stomach just coming home, knowing she would be sitting there dissatisfied, before I even walked in the fucking door.
7. I'm so sick of being picked apart by women.
8. Why are you going so easy on him?
9. The whole thing looked staged.
10.I was trying to put a good face on.
11.Let the punishment fit the crime.
12.Invite pregnant idiot into your home and ply her with lemonade.
13.She's framing me for her murder.
14.She's still moping about her ex?
15.You were never under my thumb.
16.And I've taken myself to the woodshed for the way that I've treated you.
17.You know me in your marrow.
18.Nick and I have been through some bad patches.
1. Nick Dunne took my pride and my dignity and my hope and my money. He took and took from me until I no longer existed. That's murder. Let the punishment fit the crime.
2. Nick loved a girl I was pretending to be. "Cool girl." Men always use that as their defining compliment. "She's a cool girl." Cool girl is hot. Cool girl is game. Cool girl is fun. Cool girl never gets angry at her man.
3. My cute, charming, salt-of-the-earth, Missouri guy. He needed to learn. Grown-ups work for things. Grown-ups pay. Grown-ups suffer consequences.
Sharon: Good evening, I'm Sharon schieber. Tonight, exclusively...
Margo: Hurry up.
Sharon: A husband breaks his silence, not just on his wife's disappearance, but on his infidelity, and all those shocking rumors. Nick Dunne, you're probably the most hated man in America right now.
Nick: I probably am. And I probably deserve it.
Amy: I bought that tie.
Sharon: Did you kill your wife, Nick?
Nick: I did not kill my wife. I am not a murderer.
Sharon: But you were unfaithful.
Nick: I was unfaithful. And I am deeply ashamed.
Sharon: And, on top of that, you allowed Amy's parents, her friends, all the people in your hometown believe you were a loving husband, desperate to find his missing wife.
Nick: Well, I am desperate to find my missing wife.
Sharon: You say that, but I'm wondering how you expect us to believe you, now that we know you're a liar.
Nick: I didn't come forward with my affair because I knew it would make me look really, really bad. But I don't care about that anymore. I just want to find my wife.
Sharon: I'm just trying to get clear...
Nick: Let me be clear. Just because I am not a murderer doesn't make me a good guy. I'm not a good guy. I was a bad husband to a great wife. I broke the vow that I made to her.
Sharon: Those are pretty words, Nick. But what does that really mean to you?
Nick: It basically means that I was a con artist. I met Amy elliott seven years ago. I was completely transfixed. Amy can do that to you. I was this average guy from an average place with mediocre aspirations. And I met a woman who dazzled me. And I wanted her to love me. So I pretended to be better than I was. When we got married, I promised to be that guy. That guy who works harder. That guy who, who lives and acts and loves with as much passion as she does. But I failed her. Instead of doing what was right, I did what was easy.
Sharon: You talk like a man who believes he can make amends to his wife, who believes his wife is still alive.
Nick: She is still alive.
Sharon: Will you look at that camera for me? Will you look in the lens and talk to your wife? If she is out there, able to hear and see you tonight, what would you like to say to her, Nick?
Nick: Amy, I love you. You're the best person I've ever known. And I've taken myself to the woodshed for the way that I've treated you. And if you come back, I promise I will spend every day making it up to you. I will be the man that I promised you I would be. I love you. Come home.
Margo: Regardless of what you thought...
Nick: What does it say?
Sharon: I think we can all agree...
Margo: Oh, my God. You fucking killed it.
Sharon: There's more to him than meets the eye.
Margo: They're going crazy for you.
Nick: They disliked me, they liked me, they hated me. And now they love me.
Sharon: A candor and an honesty that's worthy of respect. He's certainly earned mine.
Margo: What is it?
Sharon: I'm Sharon schieber. Good night.