1 some people think that parents should plan their children's leisure time carefully. Other people believe that children should decide for themselves how to spend their free time, which idea do you agree with? Give reasons for your choice.
2. People should be realistic rather than romantic in order to live a better life. Do you agree or disagree with the statement. Use specific reasons to support your answer.
3. People should never be satisfied with what they have; they should always want something new or something different. Do you agree or disagree with the statement. Give reasons for your choice.
4. Some people think that the family is the most important influence on young adults. Other people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. Which view do you agree with? Use examples to) support your position.
5. Some students participate in school activities such as clubs and sports. Other students do not take part in such activities because they spend more time on their studies. Tell why you think the two groups of students spend their time differently? Which type of student do you prefer to be? Explain why.
6. Traveling is more important than reading books in order to understand the people and the world. Do you agree or disagree with the statement Use specific reasons to support your answer.
7. Some people like different friends. Others like similar friends. Compare the advantages of these two kinds of friends. Which kind of friend do you prefer? Explain why?
8. After they complete their university studies, some students live in their hometowns, others live in different towns or cities. Which do you think is better ... living in your hometown or living in different towns or cities. Give specific reasons for your answer.
9. Some people believe that newspaper is the best source of news. Others think that the news is presented better on radio or television. Which of these sources of news do you prefer? Use specific examples to support your choice.
10. Some people learn best when a classroom lesson is presented in an entertaining, enjoyable way. Other people learn best when a lesson is presented in a serious, formal way. Which of these two ways of learning do you prefer? Give reasons to support your answer.
11. Some people say that the best preparation for life is learning to be cooperative. Others take the opposite view and say that learning to be competitive is the best preparation. Tell which one you agree with and explain why.