1. According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking.
2. The latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.
3. No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet.
4. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
5. An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with graduation.
6. When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
7. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person's physical fitness.
8. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.
9. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of city. However, this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents, who complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10. Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
11. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
12. An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement.
13. A proper part-time job does not occupy students' too much time. In fact, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
14. Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price.
15.Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.
16. In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be taken before things get worse.
17. The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills, which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.
18. It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
19. Although this view is wildly held, this is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.
20. No one can deny the fact that a person's education is the most important aspect of his life.
21. People equate success in life with the ability of operating computer.
22. In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past.
23. In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as important as life itself.
24. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
25. People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
26. The information I've collected over last few years leads me to believe that this knowledge may be less useful than most people think.
27. Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduation.
28. This is a matter of life and death--a matter no country can afford to ignore.
29. For my part, I agree with the latter opinion for the following reasons:
30. Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the arguments on both sides.
31. This view is now being questioned by more and more people.
32. Although many people claim that, along with the rapidly economicdevelopment, the number of people who use bicycle are decreasing and bicycle is bound to die out. The information I've collected over the recent years leads me to believe that bicycle will continue to play extremely important roles in modern society.
33. Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only causes serious problems such as global warming but also could threaten to end human life on our planet.
34. In view of such serious situation, environmental tools of transportation like bicycle are more important than any time before.
35. Using bicycle contributes greatly to people's physical fitness as well as easing traffic jams.
36. Despite many obvious advantages of bicycle, it is not without its problem.
37. Bicycle can't be compared with other means of transportation like car and train for speed and comfort.
38. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that advantages of bicycle far outweigh its disadvantages and it will still play essential roles in modern society.
39. There is a general discussion these days over education in many colleges and institutes. One of the questions under debate is whether education is a lifetime study.
40. This issue has caused wide public concern.
41. It must be noted that learning must be done by a person himself.
42. A large number of people tend to live under the illusion that they had completed their education when they finished their schooling. Obviously, they seem to fail to take into account the basic fact that a person's education is a most important aspect of his life.
43. As for me, I'm in favor of the opinion that education is not complete with graduation, for the following reasons:
44. It is commonly accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduate.
45. Even the best possible graduate needs to continue learning before sheor he becomes an educated person.
46. It is commonly thought that our society had dramatically changed by modern science and technology, and human had made extraordinary progress in knowledge and technology over the recent decades.
47. Now people in growing numbers are beginning to believe that learning new skills and knowledge contributes directly to enhancing their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
48. An investigation shows that many older people express a strong desire to continue studying in university or college.
49. For the majority of people, reading or learning a new skill has become the focus of their lives and the source of their happiness and contentment after their retirement.
50. For people who want to adopt a healthy and meaningful life style, it is important to find time to learn certain new knowledge. Just as an old saying goes: it is never too late to learn.
51. There is a general debate on the campus today over the phenomenon of college or high school students' doing a part-time job.
52. By taking a major-related part-job, students can not only improve their academic studies, but gain much experience, experience they will never be able to get from the textbooks.
53. Although people’s lives have been dramatically changed over the last decades, it must be admitted that, shortage of funds is still the one of the biggest questions that students nowadays have to face because that tuition fees and prices of books are soaring by the day.
54. Consequently, the extra money obtained from part-time job will strongly support students to continue to their study life.
55. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion that part-time job can produce a far-reaching impact on students and they should be encouraged to take part-time job, which will benefit students and their family, even the society as a whole.
56. These days, people in growing numbers are beginning to complain that work is more stressful and less leisurely than in past. Many experts point out that, along with the development of modern society, it is an inevitable result and there is no way to avoid it.
57. It is widely acknowledged that computer and other machines have become an indispensable part of our society, which make our life and work more comfortable and less laborious.
58. At the same time, along with the benefits of such machines, employees must study knowledge involved in such machines so that they are able to control them.
59. No one can deny the basic fact that it is impossible for average workers to master those high-technology skills easily.
60. In the second place, there seem to be too many people without job and not enough job position.
61. Millions of people have to spend more time and energy on studying new skills and technology so that they can keep a favorable position in job market.
62. According to a recent survey, a growing number of people express a strong desire to take another job or spend more time on their job in order to get more money to support their family.
63. From what has been discussed above, I am fully convinced that the leisure life-style is undergoing a decline with the progress of modern society, it is not necessary a bad thing.
64. The problem of international tourism has caused wide public concern over the recent years.
65. Many people believe that international tourism produce positive effects on economic growth and local government should be encouraged to promote international tourism.
66. But what these people fail to see is that international tourism may bring about a disastrous impact on our environment and local history.
67. As for me, I'm firmly convinced that the number of foreign tourists should be limited, for the following reasons:
68. In addition, in order to attract tourists, a lot of artificial facilities have been built, which have certain unfavorable effects on the environment.
69. For lack of distinct culture, some places will not attract tourists any more. Consequently, the fast rise in number of foreign tourists may eventually lead to the decline of local tourism.
70. There is a growing tendency for parents to ask their children to accept extra educational programs over the recent years.
71. This phenomenon has caused wide public concern in many places of world.
72. Many parents believe that additional educational activities enjoy obvious advantage. By extra studies, they maintain, their children are able to obtain many kinds of practical skills and useful knowledge, which will put them in a beneficial position in the future job markets when they grow up.
73. In the first place, extra studies bring about unhealthy impacts on physical growth of children. Educational experts point out that, it is equally important to take some sport activities instead of extra studies when children have spent the whole day in a boring classroom.
74. Children are undergoing fast physical development; lack of physicalexercise may produce disastrous influence on their later life.
75. In the second place, from psychological aspect, the majority of children seem to tend to have an unfavorable attitude toward additional educational activities.
76. It is hard to imagine a student focusing their energy on textbook while other children are playing.
77. Moreover, children will have less time to play and communicate with their peers due to extra studies, consequently, it is difficult to develop and cultivate their character and interpersonal skills. They may become more solitary and even suffer from certain mental illness.
78. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that, although extra studies indeed enjoy many obvious advantages, its disadvantages shouldn't be ignored and far outweigh its advantages. It is absurd to force children to take extra studies after school.
79. Any parents should place considerable emphasis on their children to keep the balance between play and study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
80. There is a growing tendency for parent these days to stay at home to look after their children instead of returning to work earlier.
81. Parents are firmly convinced that, to send their child to kindergartens or nursery schools will have an unfavorable influence on the growth of children.
82. However, this idea is now being questioned by more and more experts, who point out that it is unhealthy for children who always stay with their parents at home.
83. Although parent would be able to devote much more time and energy to their children, it must be admitted that, parent has less experience andknowledge about how to educate and supervise children, when compared with professional teachers working in kindergartens or nursery schools.
84. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion that, although the parents' desire to look after children by themselves is understandable, its disadvantages far outweigh the advantages.
85. Parents should be encouraged to send their children to nursery schools, which will bring about profound impacts on children and families, and even the society as a whole.
86. Many leaders of government always go into raptures at the mere mention of artistic and cultural projects. They are forever talking about the nice parks, the smart sculptures in central city and the art galleries with various valuable rarities. Nothing, they maintain, is more essential than such projects in the economic growth.
87. But is it really the case? The information I've collected over last few years leads me to believe that artistic and cultural projects may be less useful than many governments think. In fact, basic infrastructure projects are playing extremely important role and should be given priority.
88. Those who are in favor of artistic and cultural projects advocate that cultural environment will attract more tourists, which will bring huge profits tolocal residents. Some people even equate the build of such projects with the improving of economic construction.
89. Unfortunately, there is very few evidence that big companies are willing to invest a huge sums of money in a place without sufficient basic projects, such as supplies of electricity and water.
90. From what has been discussed above, it would be reasonable to believe that basic projects play far more important role than artistic and cultural projects in people's life and economic growth.