Michael: The boss has an errand for you.
Billy: What is my task, sir?
Michael: Scope out the city's shopping malls and find out the best deals.
Billy: The best deals on what sort of items?
Michael: Office supplies, of course.
Billy: I'm leaving now.
Michael: Hold your horses. Don't leave without finishing your report first.
Billy: Fine, I'll finish, then go shopping!
1) Hold your horses : relax, wait a moment
ex:Hold you horses, miss, you can't go into the shopping center until 9AM.
2) Mall : an indoor multi-level shopping center
ex:Kid who goes to the mall too much are called mall rats.
3)Office supplies : items used in the workplace, pens, paper...
ex:I am off to the mall to buy some office supplies, do you want to come?
4)Run errands : do tasks, finish a small project, go out and do something
ex:I have to run a few errands at the post office, do you want to come along?
Spoken and Unspoken Rules of Lunchtime at the Office
1) You will usually only get 1/2 an hour.
2) Ask others if they want to share before you order a pizza.
3) Try buying a fun and colorful lunchbox, one that others will admire. I have a Star Wars lunchbox, and my coworkers are all jealous!
4) If you eat at your desk, clean up the food very carefully. No one like bugs at their station.
5) If you are going out to pick up fast food, ask if you can get any for your friends.
Gordon: Molly, I am going to KFC for lunch, would you like me to bring your back anything?
Molly : No thanks, that won't be necessary, I brought a lunch.
Gordon: You always bring a lunchbox, why?
Beth: No, the other team beat us by a long way.
Molly : Don't tell anyone, but I am on a diet. Fast food will make you fat.
Gordon: We could get someone to deliver pizza?
Molly : Pizza is still fatty fast food.
Gordon: But during the coffee break I saw you eating the cake that the boss gave you.
Molly : If the boss brings a cake, you eat it!
Gordon: I guess that is why the boss likes you more.
Molly : You had better hurry to your fast food joint, you only have a half-hour.
Gordon: See you soon.