To remember 2002 FIFA World Cup ,children from different countries and more than 60 children from Japanese schools came together and spent three weekends drawing a big picture called"Dream(梦幻) World Cups"in Japan .The children drew animals, flowers and people playing soccer under a bule bright sky. They wished each football team good luck by drawing the flags(旗帜)of all the countries that will take part in the World Cup in Japan and South Korea.The picture was put up in a park near a playground in Yokohama .Some football teams will have games there.
Are you a football fan(迷)?The World Cup makeds more and more people interested in football Teenagers(青少年)like playing and watching football .Many of them love some football stars so much that they get the pictures of their favourite players on the walls of their rooms. That is the way to show their love for the World Cup as children in Japan.
1.If a country wants to tDo you know how to play a game called “Musical Chairs”? It is easy to play and most people enjoy it. All you need are some chairs， some people and some way of making music. You may use a piano or any other musical instrument， if someone can play it. You may use a tape recorder. You can even use a radio.
Put the chairs in a row. The chairs may be put in twos， back to back. A better way is to have the chairs in one row with each chair facing in the opposite direction to the chair next to it.
The game is easy. When the music starts， the players walk round the chairs. Everyone goes in the same direction， of course， they should walk in time to the music. If the music is fast they should walk quickly. If the music is slow， they should walk slowly.
The person playing music cannot see the people in the game. When the music stops， the players try to sit on the chairs. If a person cannot find a chair to sit on， he drops out. Then， before the music starts again， one chair must be taken away. When the music stops again， one more player will be out.
At last， there will be two players and one chair. The one who sits on the chair when the music stops is the winner.
1. If ten people are playing musical chairs， you must begin with _______.
A. nine chairs B. ten chairs
C. eleven chairs D. one chair
2. Which of the following is not suitable for playing musical chairs? _______.
A. A piano B. A radio
C. A tape recorder D. A telephone
3. The chairs should be put _______.
A. with the desks B. before the winner
C. all over the room D. in a line
4. When the music starts,the players must _______.
A. run about the room
B. get down
C. walk around the chairs
D. sit on the chairs
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. The game “Musical Chairs” is not difficult to learn.
B. The last one can sit on the last chair.
C. The winner can sit on the chair.
D. If the person plays music,he cannot be the winner.
1. 选A.因为在第4段有这样一句If a person cannot find a chair to sit on， he drops out.那么肯定是椅子比人数少1，这样才会有人没得坐，故选A.
3. 选D.第2段的Put the chairs in a row就是“把椅子排成一排”这意。选D.
4. 选C.由第3段中的句子When the music starts， the players walk round the chairs.可知答案为C.
5. 选B.本题可用排除法，由第1段第2句It is easy to play 可知道A项正确;由最后一句The one who sits on the chair when the music stops is the winner.可知C项是正确的;由第4段的句子The person playing music cannot see the people in the game可知D项也是正确的。故答案选B.