Work in pairs. As a manager, how would you deal with the incidents below? Would you?
Take no action against the person? 对他不采取行动
Have a friendly word with the person? 对他好言相劝
Give an official verbal warning? 给他正式的口头警告
Give an official written warning? 给他正式的书面警告
Dismiss the person? 解雇他
1. An employee who repeatedly refuses to observe safety requirements has caused a small fire. Little damage has been caused and no-one has been hurt.
2. You hear that an employee has physically threatened a colleague. This is the first time he has behaved this way.
3. An employee has told a friend ( a journalist) about secret negotiations your company is having about the takeover of another company. The story appears on the front page of a national newspaper.
4. An employee has come to work and is acting strangely. You talk to her and can smell alcohol on her breath.
5. You discover that information a new employee has included on her curriculum vitae is not true. She has exaggerated her experience and lied about her qualifications.
6. A new member of the secretarial staff arrives a few minutes late and leaves a few minutes early every day. Also, she takes fifteen minutes or more extra at lunchtime. Several of her colleagues have been heard to complain about this.
7. As you are leaving the office, you notice an employee putting a packet of photocopier paper in his bag.
8. An employee, frustrated with his computer, has hit it violently. The machine is irreparable and a replacement will cost ￡1,200.
safety is the first priority of the company 安全是公司优先考虑的事情。
Learn to be co-operative and respect your colleague 学会合作并尊重同事
Breach confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and bring about heavy loss to the company 违反了保密和不泄密协议，给公司造成了重大损失
Awareness of business secrets 保护商业秘密的意识
Discourage employees from drinking at work 阻止员工在上班时喝酒
You cannot work with a hangover 酒醉后无法工作
Promote honesty 弘扬诚信
Violate code of business conduct and ethics 违反商业行为和道德准则
Strictly observe honesty principle 遵守诚实的原则
Willful destruction of the company property is vandalism 肆意毁坏公司财物是故意毁坏公物的行为
Indemnify for the damaged property 对所毁坏财物做出赔偿