. Read this text about car sales in the world.
. In most of the lines (36 -40) there is one extra word which does not fit in. One or two lines, however, are Correct.
. If the Line is correct, put a tick (√ ) in the space on your Answer Sheet.
. If there is an extra word in the line, write that word in the space on your Answer Sheet.
While new car sales in Japan are predicted to rise up by...up...
5 per cent next year, 1990's record of 5.1 million won't be exceeded...√...
WORLD NEW CAR SALES
36. New car sales fell down last year to a six-year low, but demand
37. is forecast to begin a sustained period of growth in 1994 and
38. rose to record levels through out the second half years of the 1990s
39. the short-term recovery is being driven chiefly by a strong rise in the demand
40. in North America ,where new car sales are forecast to increase
by 11 percent to 10. 46 million this year ,as well by the continuing
expansion of demand in the Asia-Pacific region.
. the following is a business contract.
. In each line there is one wrong word.
. For each numbered line (41 - 45) write the correct word in the space on your Answer Sheet.
We have to hold you responsibility for the loss we've been made to sustain...responsible...
This serves to authorize the Chairman of the F. T. Arbitration Commission to
41. appoint an arbitrator on behave of this corporation to settle the dispute
42. existed between the plaintiff and the defendant ,concerning the defendant's.
43. failure to meet their oblige under contracts concluded for the supply of
44. 8,000 metric tons of Aluminium ingots. Should the defendant failing to
45. appoint an arbitrator with in the time specific by the F. T. Arbitration .
Commission ,this corporation would have an arbitrator appointed for
39. the 是多余,应删掉.在需求方面，直接用In demand，不需要加the特指。
41. behalve应改为behalf。on behalf of 代表，没有复数形式。
45. specific 应改为specified.specific是形容词，后面必须跟名词。而在这里明显是过去分词短语做后置定语，必须用动词的过去分词形式。