1. You need to have worked in an office before attending this course.
2. You would learn something about preventing accidents at work.
3. You would be able to sit an examination in typing.
4. This course is useful if your job involves greeting people and dealing with enquiries.
5. This course would suit someone with budgetary responsibility.
6. You would get practice in helping people in a group to communicate.
7. You would learn how to change the appearance of a letter or memo.
A. Tuesday 13.00-15.00
This course provides training in arranging meetings, conducting them effectively and making travel arrangements. The topics will include drawing up agendas, preparing for meetings, introducing speakers or participants, managing discussions successfully, keeping to an agreed timetable, and writing follow-up reports. Previous experience of typing and general office work are essential for this course.
B. Mon, Thu, Fri 10.00-12.00
This courses is intended both for beginners and for those who have reached an elementary level in typewriting. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills on up-to-date electronic equipment, gaining experience of producing all kinds of typed material in a variety of modern layouts. Students will be given ample opportunities for “hands on” experience of word-processing on the latest personal computers. Typewriting tests can be taken for widely recognised qualifications.
C. Monday 9.00-11.00
This course is designed to provide students with experience of operating a set of accounts, comparable with those of a small family firm, and of dealing with the more general financial aspects of running a small business. Topics will include profit and loss, maintaining records efficiently, cash payments, taxation, insurance and computerised accounting. External examinations can be arranged.
D. Friday 11.00-13.00
Participants on this course will develop their telephone skills and reception techniques in practical situations. Other topics included in the course are dealing with correspondence, the latest development in fax equipment and photocopiers, and the advantages these new facilities offer. The course also covers health and safety, including recent important changes in safety regulations governing the workplace.