1. Payment by L/C is our method of trade in such commodities.
2. Our usual terms of payment are by an irrevocable L/C to be established in the seller’s favour through the bank of China.
3. For exports, we usually adopt irrevocable letters of credit available by seller’s documentary drafts at sight.
4. We usually make payment by letters of credit or adopt some other modes of payment such as immediate payment, deferred payment and payment by installments.
5. We have opened an L/C in your favor through the Bank of China for an amount of ￡17,000 to cover the full CIF value of our order No 754.
6. We will start the payment in half a year and all the amounts will be cleared off within 3 years by six installments.
7. We prefer to have the payment made by L/C through the negotiating bank in Sweden.
8. Payments shall be made by us after receipt of the shipping documents specified in clause 10 of this contract.
9. We shall open a letter of credit in your favor to be settled in US dollars.
10. We agree to accept goods in 3 shipments and you may draw on us at 60d/s from the date of dispatch of each shipment.
11. Could you make an exception in our case and accept D/P or D/A?
12. I hope you would leave us some leeway in terms of payment.
13. Would you agree to a 30-day credit period?
14. Because of the money problem, I hope that you can allow us to pay in installments with the first payment after delivery, then we’ll pay the rest once month.
15. We are having some trouble in receiving payment, so we want to ask if we could defer payment until the end of the month.
16. We refer payment after delivery, because these goods are very expensive.
17. We hope to payment by bill of exchange at 30d/s.
18. We hope you can accept payment in other currencies expect in US dollars.
19. We shall be very happy if you can grant us a extension of 2 weeks.
20. We ask to put off the time of our payment 3 months later to facilitate the capital turnover.