I can’t believe it’s really you.
Now...for some reason, 因某种理由
what I was doing seemed to... 别人似乎认为我跑得有理
make sense to people.
It was like an alarm went off in my head. 我的脑子突然通了
I said, "Here’s a guy that’s got his act together. 我想这个人有人生目标
他胸有成竹
Here’s somebody who has the answer." 他有人生的答案
I’ll follow you anywhere, Mr. Gump. 甘先生,我要追随你跑天下
So I got company. 于是我有了伴
And after that, I got more company. 越跑伴越多
And then, even more people joined in. 后来有更多的人加入
Somebody later told me 后来有人跟我说 那带给人类希望
it gave people hope.
Now, I don’t know anything about that,
Now-- 这个我是一点也不知道
but some of those people asked me 有些人问我能否帮助他们
if I could help them out. 老兄,你能不能帮助我?
I was wondering if you might help me.
I’m in the bumper sticker business. 我是贴纸商 在思索好的口号
I need a good slogan, 你既然能启发那么多人
and since you’ve been so inspirational,
I thought you might be able to help me-- 也许你能帮我想…
Whoa, man! You just ran 你刚才踩到了狗屎
through a big pile of dog shit!
It happens. 这是常有的事
What, shit? 什么?狗屎?
Sometimes. 时常有!
And someyears later, I heard that that fella 几年后听说那个人想出了口号
did come up with a bumper sticker slogan
and made a lot of money off of it. 而且赚了大钱
Another time, I was running along. 又有一次跑步时
Somebody who’d lost all his money in the T-shirt business, 遇见做T血生意亏本的人
he wanted toput my face on a T-shirt,
他想把我的像印上去
but he couldn’t draw that well, 可是他画不好又没有相机
and he didn’t have a camera.
Here, use this one. Nobody likes that color anyway . 用这个 反正是没人喜欢的颜色
(Horn Honks )
Have a nice day . 祝你愉快!
Someyears later, I found out 几年后我发觉那个人想出点子
that that man did come up with an idea for a T-shirt.
He made a lot of money. 靠T血赚了好多钱
Anyway, like I was saying, 总之正如我所说
I had a lot of company. 我有许多同伴
My mama always said, 妈常说要往前走得先忘掉过去
"You got to put the past behind you
before you can move on. "
And I think that’s what my running was all about. 我想那就是跑步的用意
I had run for three years... 我跑了三年二个月…
two months....
14days, and 16 hours. 十四天又十六个小时
Quiet. Quiet. He’s going to say something. 安静!他要说话了
I’m pretty tired. 我好累
Think I’ll go home now . 我想我要回家了!
Now what are we supposed to do? 现在我们怎么办?
And just like that... 就这样我跑步的日子结束了
my runnin’ days was over.
So I went home to Alabama. 就这样我回到阿拉巴马家乡
(TV) Moments ago, at 2.:25 P.M. , 不久之前下午2点25分
as President Reagan was leaving the- - 雷根总统步出华盛顿的希尔顿
(Gunshots) 不知名的刺客开了五、六枪
Five or six gunshots were fired
by an unknown, would-be assassin.
The president was shot in the chest- - 总统胸部中弹,刺客被制伏
I picked up the mail. 我取了邮件来
And one day, out of the blue clear sky, 有一天我忽然接到珍妮的来信
I got a letter from Jenny
wondering if I could come down to Savannah 问我能否去塞芬那看她
and see her, and that’s what I’m doing here .
所以我来到这里
Uh-huh. 她曾在电视上看过我跑步
She saw me on TV... running.
I’m supposed to go on the number 9 bus to Richmond Street 我应该在瑞奇蒙街搭九路车
and get offand go one block left 下车走一段左转亨利街
to 1947 Henry Street... 1947号,四号公寓
apartment 4.
Why, you don’t need to take a bus. 你不必搭公车
Henry Street is just five or six blocks... 亨利街离这里才五、六条街
down that way .
Down that way ? -往那边? -往那边!
Down that way .
It was nice talking to you. 跟你谈话很高兴!
(Horn Honks ) 希望你万事如意
I hope everything works out for you!
Hey !
Forrest! 弗勒斯!
How you doin’? 你好吗?
Come in! Come in! 进来!…
I got your letter. 我收到你的信了
Oh, I was wondering about that. 我还在担心
This your house? 这是你家?
Yeah. It’s messy right now . 是,有点乱,我刚下班
I just got off work.
It’s nice. 很好,有空调
You got air-conditioning.
Uh--
Thankyou. -谢谢你! -我吃些了