正：Soon the stars appeared in the sky. 不久天空中出现了 星星。
误：Soon the stars were appeared in the sky.
误：Soon the sky appeared the stars.
2. 关于 appear, seem, look (似乎，好像)。如：
正：He looks [seems, appears] honest.
正：He looks [seems, appears] an honest man.
正：He looks [seems, appears] to be honest.
正：He looks [seems, appears] to be an honest man.
(2) look, seem 之后可以接介词 like, 但 appear 之后不能。如：
Helooks [seems] like a fool. 他看起来像个大傻瓜。
(3) 三者均可后接不定式，但 look 之后一般只限于 to be。如：
正：He seems [appears, looks] to be tired. 他好像很累了。
正：He seems [appears] to laugh at us. 他好像在笑我们。
误：He looked to laugh at us.
(4) 三者均可用于 it 开头的句子，但look 之后通常接 as if (asthough)引导的从句，appear之后通常接that引导的从句，seem 之后则可接that和as if (as though)引导的从句。如：
It looks [seems] as ifyou’re right. 好像你是对的。
It seems [appears] that he isill. 他似乎病了。
(5) 在there be开头的句子里，可用seem, appear, 一般不用 look。如：
There seems [appears] to be something the matter with her. 她好像出了什么事似的。