1. Mary often says, “I want to be a doctor when I grow up.”
→Mary often says that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up.
2. Mr Smith said, “John is a good student.”
→Mr Smith said that John was a good student.
3. “We will come here again tonight,” the students said to the teacher.
→The students told the teacher that they would go there again that night.
4. He said,“I repaired the watch yesterday.”
→He said that he had repaired the watch the day before.”
5. “I haven’t heard from my parents these days,” he said.
→He said that he hadn’t heard from his parents those days.
6. The children said,“We’ll be back tomorrow.”
→The children said that they would be back the next day.”
7. Bob said to Mary,“I saw the film two days ago.”
→Bob told Mary that he had seen the film two days before.
8. The teacher said,“Can you hear me, children?”
→The teacher asked the children if they could hear him.
9.“We’re going to study in the USA next month,”they said.
→They said that they were going to study in the USA the next month.
10. “I’m checking your homework now,”his mother said.
→His mother said that she was checking his homework then.
11. “The earth goes around the sun,” the teacher said.
→The teacher said (that) the earth goes around the sun.
12.“I can finish it in half an hour,” the worker said to me.
→The worker told me he could finish it in half an hour.
13.“Will you go to the station with me to meet a friend of mine this afternoon?” he asked me.
→He asked me if I would go to the station with him to meet a friend of his that afternoon.
14.“Do you remember what your uncle told you last night?” Li Ping’s father asked him.
→Li Ping’s father asked him if he remembered what his uncle told him the night before.
15.“Why did she refuse to go there?” the teacher asked.
→The teacher asked why she had refused to go there.
16.“Please wait for me at the gate of the Summer Palace at two tomorrow afternoon,” Kate said to her friend.
→Kate asked her friend to wait for her at the gate of the Summer Palace at two the next afternoon.
17.“Are you feeling better today?” the doctor asked my sister.
→The doctor asked my sister if she was feeling better that day.
18. He said to me,“Where did you go last week?”
→He asked me where I had gone the week before.
19. He said,“I joined the English Club in 2007.”
→He said that he joined the English Club in 2007.
20. John said to me,“Where will you go this Sunday?”
→John asked me where I would go that Sunday.
21.She said,“I will come this evening.”
→She said that she would go that evening.
22.“Had you finished your homework before you watched TV?” Kate’s mother asked her.
→Kate’s mother asked her if she had finished her homework before she watched TV.
1. “I’d do maths, Jo, if I were you.” Ms Jennings advised.
2. “Take a photo of the bank.” The journalist ordered the photographer.
3. “John and Laura, do the more difficult exercises.” The teacher said.
4. “Give the video to your sister, please.” Peter asked.
5. “Don’t tell your grandmother yet.” The doctor advised.
6. “It’s an interesting job.” Jim said.
7. “Where are we going?” Asked Peter’s friend.
8. “I really can’t answer this question.” Replied Mr. Jones.
9. He asked, “Do you know who will win the game?”
10. She wondered, “Who is it that solved this tough problem?”
11. He said, “I didn’t notice her when she came into my room yesterday.”
12. He claimed, “I admit Edison is one of the greatest inventors in the world.”
1. Ms Jennings advised that she’d do maths if she were Jo.
2. The journalist ordered the photographer to take a photo of the bank.
3. The teacher told John and Laura to do the more difficult exercises.
4. Peter asked me to give the video to my sister.
5. The doctor advised us not to tell our grandmother.
6. Jim said it was an interesting job.
7. Peter’s friend asked where they were going.
8. Mr. Jones replied he really couldn’t answer that question.
9. He asked if/ whether I knew who would win the game.
10. She wondered who it was that had solved that tough problem.
11. He said that he didn’t notice her when she came into his room the day before.
12. He claimed that he admitted Edison is one of the greatest inventors in the world.