1. Sally couldn’t find the classroom until after the class had begun.
2. Jean is taking a sick leave from work for the summer.
3. Henry is supposed to be at work at 8 o’clock, but he arrived at 9 this morning.
4. It certainly was kind of Jean to send me flowers when I was sick.
5. William drove George’s car from Georgia to New York without stopping to sleep.
6. Fewer people came to the meeting than we had expected.
7. The professor apologized for not announcing the test earlier.
8. Mary is leaving her job for good.
9. John has some money but not enough to buy groceries.
10. Henry spent five hours knocking on doors, but he didn’t sell a single magazine.
11. They expected eighty people at the rally, but twice that many showed up.
12. We were supposed to meet Fred and Mary at the movies, but we are broke.
13. The contractor said the repairs on Frank’s house would be very expensive, but Frank decided to have the work done.
14. I should have studied last night, but I was too tired.
15. John refused to go to the banquet although he was going to receive an award.
16. Agna hasn’t gone to a movie for years.
17. He likes sugar in his coffee but nothing else.
18. Arnal was embarrassed to tell his date that he didn’t have 15 dollars to pay for the meal.
19. The man offered $1000 for the car, but George shook his head.
20. Harvy’s face turned bright red when the teacher asked him a question.