在平时我们津津乐道的一些谚语该怎样用英语表达呢? 怎样才能让自己的表达更加地道呢? 现在就跟着小编一起来看看这些托福口语考试中经常用到的谚语吧!希望这些托福口语谚语可以帮助大家在考试中取得好成绩!
1. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near. 海内存知己，天涯若比邻。
2. A common danger causes common action. 同舟共济。
3. A contented mind is a continual / perpetual feast. 知足常乐。
4. A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit. 吃一堑，长一智。
5. A guest should suit the convenience of the host. 客随主便。
6. A letter from home is a priceless treasure. 家书抵万金。
7. All rivers run into the sea. 殊途同归。
8. All time is no time when it is past. 机不可失，时不再来。
9. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一日一个苹果，身体健康不求医。
10. As heroes think, so thought Bruce. 英雄所见略同。
11. A young idler, an old beggar. 少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。
12. Behind the mountains there are people to be found. 天外有天，山外有山。
13. Bad luck often brings good luck. 塞翁失马，安知非福。
14. Bread is the stall of life. 面包是生命的支柱。(民以食为天。)
15. Business is business. 公事公办。
16. Clumsy birds have to start flying early. 笨鸟先飞。
17. Courtesy costs nothing. 礼多人不怪。
18. Custom makes all things easy. 习惯成自然。
19. Desire has no rest. 人的欲望无止境。
20. Difficult the first time, easy the second. 一回生，二回熟。
21. Do not change horses in mid-stream. 别在河流中间换马。
22. Do not have too many irons in the fire. 贪多嚼不烂。
23. Do not pull all your eggs in one basket. 别把所有的蛋都放在一个篮子里。(不要孤注一掷。)
24. Do not teach fish to swim. 不要班门弄斧。
25. East or west, home is the best. 东奔西跑，还是家里好。
26. Experience is the best teacher. 实践出真知。
27. Fact is stranger than fiction. 事实比虚构更离奇。(大千世界，无奇不有。)
28. Faith can move mountains. 信念能移山。(精诚所至，金石为开。)
29. First impressions are half the battle. 先入为主。
30. Give as good as one gets. 一报还一报。(以德报德，以怨还怨。)
31. Give everyone his due. 一视同仁。
32. Good wine needs no bush. 酒香不怕巷子深。
33. Haste makes waste. 欲速则不达。(忙中常出错。)
34. He that promises too much means nothing. 轻诺者寡信。
35. He who has an art has everywhere a part. 一招鲜，吃遍天。
36. He would climb the ladder must begin at the bottom. 千里之行始于足下。
37. Home is where the heart is. 心在哪里，哪里就是家。
38. If you are not inside a house, you don not know about its leaking. 不在屋里，不知漏雨。(亲身经历才有体会。)
39. In peace prepare for war. 平时准备战时。(居安思危。)
40. It is never too late to mend. 亡羊补牢，犹未为晚。
41. It six of one and half a dozen of the other. 彼此彼此。
42. Just has long arms. 天网恢恢，疏而不漏。
43. Keep something for a rainy day. 未雨绸缪。
44. Life is a span. 人生如朝露。
45. Man proposes, God disposes. 谋事在人，成事在天。
46. Meet plot with plot. 将计就计。
47. Merry meet, merry part. 好聚好散。
48. Mind acts upon mind. 心有灵犀一点通。
49. Never hit a man when he is down. 不要落井下石。
50. Never judge by appearances. 切莫以貌取人。
51. No fire without smoke. 无风不起浪。
52. Nurture passes nature. 教养胜过天性。
53. One is never too old to learn. 活到老，学到老。
54. One swallow does not make a summer. 一燕不成夏。(一花独放不是春。)
55. One who has seen the ocean thinks nothing of mere rivers. 曾经沧海难为水。
56. Out of sight, out of mind. 眼不见，心不烦。
57. Practice makes perfect. 熟能生巧。
58. Poverty is stranger to industry. 勤劳之人不受穷。
59. Rome was not built in a day. 罗马不是一日建成的。(伟业非一日之功。)
60. Sense comes with age. 老马识途。
61. So many men, so many minds. 人心各不同。
62. Some thing is learned every time a book is opened. 开卷有益。
63. Strike while the iron is hot. 趁热打铁。
64. The car will find its way round the hill when it gets there. 车到山前必有路。
65. The heart is seen in wine. 酒后吐真言。
66. The older the wiser. 人老智多。(姜还是老的辣。)
67. The worse luck now, the better another time. 风水轮流转。
68. Thoughts are free from toll. 思想不用交税。(人人都可以自由思考。)
69. Time tries all things. 时间检验一切。
70. Use legs and have legs. 经常用腿，健步如飞。
71. Virtue never grows old. 美德常青。
72. Walls have ears. 隔墙有耳。
73. What is done cannot be undone. 覆水难收。
74. Wine in, truth out. 酒后吐真言。
75. You are only young once. 青春只有一次。
76. You cannot burn the candle at both ends. 蜡烛不可两头燃。(鱼和熊掌不可兼得。)
77. You cannot have your cake and eat it. 有得就有失。(事难两全其美。)
78. You never know till you have tried. 事非经过不知难。
79. Youth will be served. 青春好作乐。
80. Zeal without knowledge is a runaway horse. 无知的狂热是脱缰的野马。
1.爱屋及乌。 Love me, love my dog.
2.百闻不如一见 (眼见为实 )。Seeing is believing.
3.比上不足比下有余。 worse off than some, better off than many; to fall short of the best, but be better than the worst.
4.不眠之夜 。white night
5.不以物喜不以己悲。 not pleased by external gains, not saddened by personnal losses
6.不遗余力。spare no effort; go all out; do one’s best
7.不打不成交。 No discord, no concord.
8.拆东墙补西墙。 rob Peter to pay Paul
9.辞旧迎新。 bid farewell to the old and usher in the new; ring out the old year and ring in the new
10.大事化小小事化了。 try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to reduce it to nothing at all
11.大开眼界。 open one’s eyes; broaden one’s horizon; be an eye-opener
12.国泰民安 。The country flourishes and people live in peace
13.过犹不及。 going too far is as bad as not going far enough; beyond is as wrong as falling short; too much is as bad as too little
14.功夫不负有心人。 Everything comes to him who waits.
15.好了伤疤忘了疼。 once on shore, one prays no more
16.好事不出门恶事传千里。 Good news never goes beyond the gate, while bad news spread far and wide.
17.和气生财。 Harmony brings wealth.
18.活到老学到老。 One is never too old to learn.
19.既往不咎。 let bygones be bygones
20.金无足赤人无完人。 Gold can’t be pure and man can’t be perfect.
21.金玉满堂。Treasures fill the home.
22.脚踏实地。 be down-to-earth
23.脚踩两只船。 sit on the fence
24.君子之交淡如水。 the friendship between gentlemen is as pure as crystal; a hedge between keeps friendship green
25.老生常谈陈词滥调。 cut and dried, cliché
26.礼尚往来。 Courtesy calls for reciprocity.
27.留得青山在不怕没柴烧。 Where there is life, there is hope.
28.马到成功。 achieve immediate victory; win instant success
29.名利双收。 gain in both fame and wealth
30.茅塞顿开。 be suddenly enlightened
31.没有规矩不成方圆。 Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards.
32.每逢佳节倍思亲。 On festive occasions more than ever one thinks of one’s dear ones far away. It is on the festival occasions when one misses his dear most.
33.谋事在人成事在天。 The planning lies with man, the outcome with Heaven. Man proposes, God disposes.
34.弄巧成拙。 be too smart by half; Cunning outwits itself
36.赔了夫人又折兵。 throw good money after bad
37.抛砖引玉。 a modest spur to induce others to come forward with valuable contributions; throw a sprat to catch a whale
38.破釜沉舟。 cut off all means of retreat; burn one‘s own way of retreat and be determined to fight to the end
39.抢得先机。 take the preemptive opportunities
40.巧妇难为无米之炊。 If you have no hand you can’t make a fist. One can’t make bricks without straw.
41.千里之行始于足下。 a thousand-li journey begins with the first step--the highest eminence is to be gained step by step
42.前事不忘后事之师。 Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future.
43.前人栽树后人乘凉。 One generation plants the trees in whose shade another generation rests.One sows and another reaps.
44.前怕狼后怕虎。 fear the wolf in front and the tiger behind hesitate in doing something
45.强龙难压地头蛇。 Even a dragon (from the outside) finds it hard to control a snake in its old haunt - Powerful outsiders can hardly afford to neglect local bullies.
46.强强联手。 win-win co-operation
47.瑞雪兆丰年。 A timely snow promises a good harvest.
48.人之初性本善。 Man’s nature at birth is good.
49.人逢喜事精神爽。 Joy puts heart into a man.