A. The term “money supply”
B. The term is “money supply”
C. When the term “money supply”
D. “Money supply” is the term
2. The Franklin stove， invented around 1742， ________， originally with a partially open front， and was designed to fit into a fireplace.
A. was made of cast iron
B. cast iron was made of
C. cast of iron was made
D. was of iron made cast
分析：invented around 1742为插入语，2个was为并列谓语。be made of 为固定搭配。
3. A few species of mushrooms cause death or serious illness _________.
A. having eaten
B. that they are eaten
C. are eaten
D. when eaten
分析：状语从句的省略结构。省略条件：由特定的状语从句引导词：although， though， even though， if， when， while， as， whether; 从句为主系表结构;从句主语和主句主语一致。省略方式：要同时省略主语和系动词。原句为：…… when mushrooms are eaten.
4. Some critics maintain _________ the mystery novel is a symbolic ritual of guilt and retribution.
A. is that
B. that there is
C. it is
5. _________ all cherry trees are very attractive when in bloom， some species with inferior fruit are cultivated especially for their flowers.
B. There are
C. It is
6. Usually pitched in the of C， _________ may be tuned to B flat by means of a slide.
A. the bugle
B. because of the bugle
C. the bugle that
D. but the bugle
7. With _________ formal art training and largely self-educated， Anna Mary Moses， known as Grandma Moses， began to paint rural scenes at the age of seventy-eight.
参考译文：没有经过正常的艺术培训和广泛的自我教育，众所周知的Moses奶奶Anna Mary Moses78岁才开始画乡村风光。
8. A block and tackle is a _________ of pulley blocks and ropes used for pulling or hoisting large objects.
A. mechanical set special
B. set special mechanical
C. special mechanical set
D. special set mechanical
分析：固定搭配：a set of.;形容词修饰名词。
9. Although _________ instant critical acclaim in 1952， he never completed a second novel， publishing many short works instead.
A. Invisible Man was the first novel by Ralph Ellison received
B. first received by Ralph Ellison， the novel Invisible Man was
C. Ralph Ellison's first novel， Invisible Man， received
D. Ralph Ellison's first novel， Invisible Man， was received
10. Sauropods had _________ smallest brains relative to body weight of any group of dinosaurs， yet they were among the most successful of all dinosaurs in evolutionary terms.
A. what was a
B. when a
C. of the