You're listening to the second in a two-part Business English Podcast series on talking about accomplishments. This is one of an ongoing sequence of podcasts on job interviews.
The theme for this episode and the last is providing examples. In the first part, we looked at a bad and good version of a recent university graduate talking about his academic successes. Westudied how to use our accomplishments to demonstrate skills and characteristics that will beattractive to our potential employer.
In this episode, we examine another good response to the question about previousexperience and describing your accomplishments. We’ll be looking at someone with a little more job experience: Yala Santos is an HR specialist who is working in a manufacturing company. She now has an opportunity to interview for an HR manager position in a business unit of a fast moving consumer goods company, Fun Beverages International. Let's listen to how Yala deals with talking about her greatest achievement.
在本集中，我们来研究关于工作经验和阐释工作成绩的另外一个优秀的范例。我们来看有点工作经验的人：Yala Santos是一家制造企业的人力资源专家。她有一个机会在一家快速发展具有巨大推动力的消费公司Fun Beverages International应聘人力资源部经理一职。让我们听听Yala是怎样谈论她的巨大成绩的吧。
Ordinarily, when responding the question about your most significant accomplishment, it's very important that you prepare to tell a story that is organized and articulate. That means the story should be well structured and flow smoothly. Though there are many ways to make yourpresentation, Yala uses the same general format that I like to follow.
1. You will probably need to set up the story by providing some context. Where were you? What was the situation? What was at stake, that is, what did you stand to lose or gain?
2. Recount your role in the situation. How were you involved?
3. Next, discuss what you did, including any analysis or problem solving, any process you set up, and any obstacles you had to overcome.
4. Reveal the outcome and what made you proud.
Whereas Alex gave us a good example of how someone with limited job experience might deal with the greatest achievement question, Yala shows us how someone with a more traditionalemployment record might address this query.
1. What was the project Yala was working on?
2. What was her role in it?
3. What did she do?
4. What was the outcome?内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8462-245081-1.html