1. Nearly four in 10 women buy shoes knowing they do not fit.
2. They are willing to wear uncomfortable shoes as long as they were fashionable.
3. Many of us find it hard to resist a bargain and the latest fashion must-have, but it's important to remember that by buying ill-fitting shoes, you're not only going to end up in discomfort, but you are also putting your health at risk.
4. Although "killer" high-heels can cause problems, slip-on shoes are one of the worst culprits, as they cause the foot to slide forward and cramp the toes.
5. Worst of all are court shoes, as they are low-fronted, giving no support to the foot, and tend to be too narrow in the toe.
6. Many people are wearing the wrong sized shoes on a daily basis without even realising it.
7. For frequent, everyday wear, women should choose a low-heeled shoe--no higher than 4cm--which has a rounded toe.
8. Last of all, if your new shoes are giving you hell, don’t hesitate to throw them to garbage can!