250. He said he spoke a little English. 他说他会讲一点。
251. Then I asked him if he knew anybody in New York .
252. He said he knew a lot of people there.
253. Finally,I asked him how old he was.最后我问他多大了?
254. He said he would rather not tell his age.
255. He answered almost all of my questions.
256. What time did you use to get up last year?
257. I used to wake up early and get up at 7 o’clock.
258. I used to set my alarm clock for exactly 7 a.m.
259. I never used to oversleep.我从不睡懒觉。
260. I used to get dressed quickly every morning.我通常穿衣服很快。
261. I always used to leave for work at 8:30.我过去常常在8:30去工作。
262. I used to start working at 9:00 o’clock every day.
263. I used to have lunch every day at the same time.
264. I used to work until nearly 6:00 o’clock each day.
265. I used to have dinner at 7:30 and go to bed early.
266. My brother and I used to go a lot of places together.
267. We used to go to the movies about once a week.
268. We used to have a lot of interesting friends.
269. My brother used to speak French to me all the time.
270. I always used to ask him a lot of questions.
我过去常常问他一些问题。 271. Where do you live? 你住在哪里?
272. I live on Washington Street. 我在华盛顿街住。
273. What’s your address? 你的地址是什么?
274. I live at 1203 Washington Street.
275. I’m Mr. Smith’s next door neighbor.
276. You live here in the city,don’t you?
277. I’m from out of town. 我来自城镇。
278. How long have you lived here? 你在这住了多久了?
279. I’ve lived here for five years. 我在这住了5年了。
280. He’s known me for over ten years.
281. I’ve spoken English all my life. 我终生讲英语。
282. I’ve already read that book. 我已经读完了那本书。
283. Has he studied French very long?
284. Have you had breakfast already? 你吃过早饭了吗?
285. Yes,I had breakfast two hours ago.
286. Where were you yesterday afternoon? 昨天下午你在哪?
287. I was at home all afternoon. 我整个下午都在家。
288. I was writing some letters to friends of mine.
289. What were you doing at about 4 o’clock yesterday afternoon?
290. I was listening to the radio. 我在听广播。
291. What were you doing when I called you on the telephone?
292. When you called me, I was eating dinner.
293. When I saw Mr. Jones,he was talking with John Smith.
294. While you were writing letters,I was reading a book.
295. While we were having breakfast,John was talking on the telephone.
296. Can you guess what I was doing this morning?
297. I can’t remember what John was doing yesterday afternoon.
298. I’ve forgotten what he said his address was.
299. I’ve forgotten what time he said he had dinner last night.
300. They called us just as we were having dinner.
301. What color is your book? 你的书本是什么颜色的?
302. My book has a dark blue cover. 我的书本的封面是深蓝色的。
303. How much does that typewriter weigh? 那个打字机有多重?
304. It’s not too heavy,but I don’t know the exact weight.
305. This round table weighs about forty-five pounds.
306. What size suitcase do you own? 你的小提箱是什么尺码的?
307. One of my suitcases is small,and the other one is medium size.
308. I like the shape of that table.我喜欢那张桌子的形状。
309. How long is Jones Boulevard Street?
310. That street is only two miles long. 那条街只有两英里长。
311. Will you please measure this window to see how wide it is?
312. This window is just as wide as that one.
313. The walls are three inches thick. 这些墙有三英尺厚。
314. This material feels soft.这种材料摸上去很软。
315. This pencil is longer than that one. 这个铅笔比另一个长。
316. Would you please tell Mr. John that I’m here?
317. Take these books home with you tonight.
318. Please bring me those magazines.
319. Would you help me lift this heavy box?
320. Please ask John to turn on the lights.