(C). It was a sunny day . (D). Some of them were bright.
2. (A). I made a phone call . (B). I read the meter.
(C). I got some change. (D). I paid the bill.
3. (A). Some of the milk was stored.
(B). She brought some milk at the store .
(C).The milk spilled on the floor.
(D). She sent him to the store for some milk.
4. (A). Do you know where the office is?
(B). Why don’t you look for an office job?
(C). I wouldn’t recommend that you work on Main Street.
(D). I think I have seen you working at the post office .
5. (A). We would have stayed if they had asked.
(B). they took out the weeds today.
(C). They wanted us to stay .
(D). They asked me on Wednesday.
6. (A). Virginia has to complete her courses this year.
(B). Virginia goes to class because attendance is required.
(C). Virginia must leave the university soon
(D). Virginia will finish the required courses this year .
7. (A). I felt fine until this morning.
(B). Today I didn’t know where my umbrella was .
(C). This morning I couldn’t find Bella.
(D). I found my umbrella easily.
8. (A). Cheryl has many talents.
(B). Cheryl’s experience is limited to the arts.
(C). Cheryl kept her promise .
(D). Cheryl knows several athletes and musicians.
9. (A). I must have dropped it. (B). I will have to get some more ink .
(C). I will bring it in again. (D). I will try another color.
10. (A). The dam was built to catch rain.
(B). The dam was designed for preventing floods.
(C). The rain filled the dam.
(D). The rain destroyed the dam .
11. (A). The students failed to complete the courses.
(B). They fulfilled the course requirements.
(C). The room was full of students .
(D). They all passed the exam in that class.
12. (A). When is my cousin visiting?
(B). May my cousin come for a visit?
(C). It’s possible that my cousin will visit twice.
(D). My cousin will visit early in May .
13. (A). Only a few people hadn’t finished it .
(B). Everyone had most of it finished.
(C). All the people had finished it.
(D). Nobody had finished all of it.
14. (A). Peter says he knows about the claim.
(B). Peter isn’t responsible for his actions.
(C). Peter feels it was all his fault .
(D). Peter doesn’t care what happened.
15. (A). The train fare is higher before 5 o’clock.
(B). The train is usually on Track #5.
(C). The train fare is five dollars .
(D). Train #5 stops at the fair.
16. (A). Amy was taken over to the controller’s office.
(B). The controller charged Amy too much.
(C). Amy overlooked the error .
(D). Amy had controlled over the situation.
17. (A). Let the driver get off at the intersection .
(B). Has the bus driver reached the intersection yet?
(C). Have you ever gotten off at this intersection?
(D). Tell the driver you will get out at the intersection.
18. (A). I’m not really disappointed about losing.
(B). I thought I would win.
(C). I won anyway.
(D). I didn’t know what to expect .
19. (A). He’s absent again! (B). Isn’t he forgetful!
(C). How often is he absent? (D). How forgetful is he ?
20. (A). High prices annoy me . (B). The trail went up very steeply.
(C). I stay away from heights. (D). I enjoy exciting places.
CABDC DBABD CDACA BDABC
1. The sun shone brightly.
2. I picked up the receiver, dropped the coins in the slot, and then dialed the number I wanted.
3. She went to the store for some milk.
4. You work at the main post office, don’t you?
5. They asked if we’d stay.
6. Virginia’s going to take all her required courses this year.
7. I couldn’t find my umbrella this morning.
8. Not only is Cheryl a good swimmer, but she’s also a promising musician.
9. My pen’s out of ink again.
10. Heavy rains caused the dam to collapse.
11. The students completely filled the classroom.
12. May second, that’s when my cousin is coming to visit.
13. Almost everyone had finished the book.
14. Peter blames himself for what happened.
15. The train fare is reduced after five.
16. The controller made a mistake and overcharged Amy for her tuition.
17. Have the driver let you off at the intersection.
18. Oh well, I really didn’t expect to win anyway.
19. How absent minded he is!
20. I try to avoid high places.内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-252609-1.html