1.(A). She went to an archaeological excavation.
(B). She dug up plenty of rocks in the yard.
(C). She found a great deal of information for the report.
(D). She likes geology a lot.
2. (A). The weather was just right.
(B). We couldn’t deal with the weather.
(C). The weather went from one extreme to another.
(D). We tried to predict the weather for our vacation.
3. (A). He has money to spend on several important things.
(B). He spent money unwisely.
(C). He didn’t want to spend money on anything.
(D). He didn’t need much money.
4. (A). John was more relaxed before.
(B). John used to be nervous.
(C). John has always been quiet.
(D). John always seems tired now.
5. (A). We should discuss it.
(B). They didn’t even take it with them.
(C). Do you think they will let us talk?
(D). We suspect that it is not very big.
6. (A). He conducted an experiment.
(B). He repaired the car.
(C). He went shopping.
(D). He did some house work.
7. (A). Why was the class canceled?
(B). No one canceled the class.
(C). Are you certain the class was canceled?
(D). Surely the class was canceled.
8. (A). I don’t think you should do it.
(B). It’s better to do it this way.
(C). That way isn’t any better.
(D). That’s even worse.
9. (A). Grant found two different apartments.
(B). Grant has already paid two months’ rent.
(C). Grant is paying $400 per month.
(D). Grant redoubled his efforts to find an apartment.
10. (A). How can you identify that tree?
(B). Who’s the oldest of the three?
(C). Hold the tray so I can see it.
(D). This tree is probably very old.
11. (A). They were going to see the snakes.
(B). They went to get something to eat.
(C). They usually like to study together.
(D). They had to buy some sneakers.
12. (A). It only took me an hour to come to a conclusion.
(B). I didn’t have a chance to revise the conclusion.
(C). Later on I concluded that I had been wrong.
(D). I started to rewrite the conclusion an hour ago.
13. (A). Jim hurt his foot when returning.
(B). Jim heard it correctly the second time.
(C). Jim weighed his pack.
(D). Jim hurt his back.
14. (A). I wrote my report on lined notebook paper.
(B). One of the bookstore employees was out of line.
(C). The bookstore shelves are lined with paper.
(D). There’s no more lined notebook paper in the bookstore.
15. (A). Carol left for the university.
(B). Carol hoped to join the band.
(C). Carol’s band performed at our university.
(D). Carol’s concert took place outdoors.
16. (A). Little children usually have fun with each other.
(B). Some people don’t like small children.
(C). Little children sometimes laugh at other people.
(D). Those children like each other very much.
17. (A). She chose some music to listen to.
(B). She organized some photographs.
(C). She read the menu and made a selection.
(D). She moved the furniture in the room.
18. (A). Was there a performance last night or not?
(B). Which critics gave us these good reviews?
(C). The performance definitely received high ratings from the press.
(D). I’m not sure whether the show received excellent ratings.
19. (A). Ellen is probably sick.
(B). Ellen enjoys winter weather.
(C). Ellen is really a warm person.
(D). Ellen is younger than she appears to be.
20. (A). George will need help if he enrolls in that course.
(B). George will enroll in that course if I take it.
(C). George won’t be able to help you if you enroll in that course.
(D). George plans to avoid enrolling in that course if possible.
CABBA DCACD BBADB CADCD
1. She dug up a lot of information for her geology report.
2. We had ideal weather during vacation, not too hot and not too cold.
3. To spend so much money on something he didn’t even need.
4. John was always nervous, but now he seems quite relaxed.
5. Let’s at least talk about it.
6. He vacuumed the rug and polished the furniture.
7. You know for sure the class was canceled?
8. You’d better not do that.
9. Grant wanted to find an apartment for $200 a month, but discovered he had to pay twice that much.
10. How old this tree looks!
11. Louise and Neal just went over to the snack bar.
12. If I’d had an hour more, I would have been able to rewrite my conclusion.
13. Jim hurt his right foot on the way back.
14. The bookstore is out of lined notebook paper.
15. Carol tried out for the university band.
16. Little children occasionally like to make fun of others.
17. Murray selected an album, removed the record from its cover and put it on the turn table.
18. The performance last night received high rating. Or did it?
19. Ellen seems quite cold until you get to know her.
20. George isn’t going to enroll in that course if he can help it. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-252854-1.html