1. (A). Sandra and Jim took only two tests.
(B). Sandra passed the examination to Jim.
(C). Sandra tested Jim on the nation’s past.
(D). Sandra and Jim both passed every final exam.
2. (A). I must leave. (B). I’ll get it soon.
(C). I often go there. (D).I’m planning to travel.
3. (A). The student rooms have peepholes in their doors.
(B). The student restrooms are on the first floor.
(C). New students can rent rooms from people in town.
(D). The newsstand in town is for rent.
4. (A). Her lecture was not on a serious topic.
(B). You enjoyed the lecture too, didn’t you?
(C).I don’t care for her lectures, do you?
(D). She enjoys giving lectures.
5. (A). It needs another ring.
(B). It should be put away before it gets broken.
(C). It’s the lamp you needed.
(D). It has to be fixed immediately.
6. (A). Have you walked through the park lately?
(B). The park has many nice walkways.
(C). I’d like to walk through the park with you.
(D). Will they let us walk over to the park?
7. (A). I picked pecans just for you.
(B). I met the Chief Justice on the lawn.
(C). I finished doing the wrong problem.
(D) It rained after I watered the grass.
8. (A). He made a commitment to the group.
(B). He selected the committee members.
(C). He became a member of the committee.
(D). He gave his name to the members.
9. (A). It’s now legal to go faster than the previous speed.
(B). It’s against the law to exceed the speed limit.
(C). A slower speed limit has been declared legal.
(D). The lawyer drove faster than the speed limit.
10. (A). I didn’t ask you. (B). You shouldn’t have asked me.
(C). I told you so. (D). You should have told me.
11.(A). Martha is seven years old.
(B). Martha has an older sister.
(C). Martha has two older daughters.
(D). Martha is twice as old as her daughter.
12.(A). I have rarely seen such strange clowns.
(B). This house has seldom been so crowded.
(C). I don’t feel at home in crowds.
(D). Such a big crowd should be housed somewhere else.
13.(A). Greg is sitting upstairs in class now.
(B). Greg hasn’t set up the new schedule yet.
(C). Greg doesn’t like the way his classes are arranged.
(D). Greg will be ready when the new classes start.
14.(A). We will have just one meeting next week.
(B). Next week is the only week we will meet.
(C). We will be the only group that meets next week.
(D). Only when there is a holiday will we meet.
15.(A). I don’t think you will have any difficulty.
(B). I’m not the course of your problems.
(C). I’m sorry to have inconvenienced you.
(D). I came because I heard you were in trouble.
16. (A). They were eager to go on the tour.
(B). They viewed an exhibit on tool-making.
(C). They went to the museum even though they were hungry.
(D). They developed an appetite during the tour.
17.(A). Jack can’t find his luggage.
(B). Jack is learning how to fly a plane.
(C). Jack sent the package airmail.
(D). Jack’s plane didn’t arrive yet.
18.(A). It is evident that there is a hole in it.
(B). It is general easy to follow what you say.
(C). The whole thing clearly depends on you.
(D). Your expression is entirely unique.
19.(A). She doesn’t know how much she needs to learn.
(B). People have already heard of her writing.
(C). It’s unusual to find such a young writer.
(D). She doesn’t know the right people.
20.(A). My typewriter’s in my office.
(B). The paper I typed is still on my desk.
(C). That ribbon must have been on the left-hand side.
(D). I don’t have the ribbon with me.
DACBD CDCBD BBCAC DABBD
1. Sandra passed all her final examinations and Jim passed too.
2. I’ve got to be going now.
3. Many people in town are willing to rent the rooms to new students.
4. Her lecture was very enjoyable, don’ t you think?
5. This lamp needs repairing right away.
6. Let’s take a walk through the park.
7. It began to rain just as I finished watering the lawn.
8. He was named a member of the committee.
9. Driving faster than the speed limit is illegal.
10. Why didn’t you tell me?
11. Martha is the second oldest daughter in the family.
12. Rarely has there been such a crowd in this house.
13. Greg’s upset about his new class schedule.
14. Due to the holiday, this section will meet only once next week.
15. I didn’t mean to cause you so much trouble.
16. The children had a long tour of the museum and became very hungry.
17. Well, Jack, let’s hope your bay comes in on the next flight.
18. On the whole, you express yourself very clearly.
19. Even though she’s young for a writer, she’s not unknown.
20. I must have left my typewriter ribbon on my desk. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-252857-1.html