1. (A). She forgot something at school.
(B). She goes to class two days a week.
(C). She isn’t in school today.
(D). She sent a letter home from school.
2. (A). We will meet every Friday.
(B). We meet on the first Friday of every month.
(C). We meet for an hour on Friday.
(D). We will meet for the first time on Friday.
3. (A). She always plays one part.
(B). She’s the singer I meant.
(C). I think she’s singing a solo.
(D). I think she has a great talent for singing.
4. (A). I will do exactly what I want with the dictionary.
(B). Although it’s not what I had in mind, I can use it.
(C). It’ s exactly what I wanted to do.
(D). I will do it the way you suggested.
5. (A). He forgot where tonight’s concert will be held.
(B). He didn’t notice he had dropped the tickets.
(C). He didn’t recall when the concert started.
(D). He didn’t remember to get the tickets.
6. (A). Ruth was puzzled by her inability to sleep.
(B). While doing puzzles, Ruth fell asleep.
(C). Instead of sleeping, Ruth worked on puzzles.
(D). Ruth couldn’t do the puzzles because she was tired.
7. (A). Let’s have our lunch on the stairs.
(B). They are serving meat for lunch.
(C). Let’s get together down there at lunch time.
(D). The meeting is downstairs after lunch.
8. (A). That ice cream wasn’t fresh, was it?
(B). There wasn’t any ice cream in the refrigerator.
(C). Fresh ice cream wasn’t available.
(D). The ice cream was very refreshing, wasn’t it?
9. (A). Ellen hasn’t been feeling well.
(B). Ellen hasn’t gone there recently.
(C). Ellen hurt herself yesterday.
(D). Ellen will leave fairly soon.
10. (A). Bob left his books in the library.
(B).Bob can’t find the book.
(C). The cost of Bob’s books is high.
(D). The library lost Bob’s book.
11. (A). They had to play in the rain.
(B). They went by train to the game.
(C). They scored the winning goal.
(D). They called to get the weather forecast.
12.(A). I expected to see a much different type of movie.
(B). I wasn’t expecting to see the entire movie.
(C). I hadn’t expected to see the movie at all.
(D). I expected the movie to be over soon.
13. (A). What do you understand?
(B). You know what I have gotten.
(C). You will understand what I’m saying.
(D). Do you know what I mean?
14.(A). We came especially for this French class.
(B).The new teacher arrived very recently.
(C). The teacher will be here for just one week.
(D). We have just one language teacher.
15.(A). I think the tea has made me feel better.
(B). I’ve bought some presweetened tea.
(C). I find that tea without sugar is bitter.
(D). I’m now accustomed to tea that has no sugar in it.
16.(A). Martha watched the clock as she studied.
(B).Martha studied near the clock.
(C). Martha managed to find time to study.
(D). Martha studied all day and all night.
17.(A). These boxes aren’t heavier than those.
(B). The boxes he sold us are too heavy.
(C). We thought the boxes would be lighter.
(D). He told us to get the heavier boxes.
18.(A). They hadn’t predicted it would now.
(B). The snow kept some people home.
(C). More people attended when it snowed.
(D). It didn’t snow, so attendance was poor.
19.(A). She stops by the center every morning.
(B). She no longer buys her morning coffee at the center.
(C). Her coffee is better than the coffee at the student center.
(D). Her cough could be heard all over the student center.
20.(A). Theoretical chemistry is not just theoretical; it works.
(B). There’s an ongoing class in advanced theoretical chemistry.
(C).The workings of theoretical chemistry are discussed in an advanced course.
(D). Plans are being made for an advanced course in theoretical chemistry.
CBDBD CCDAB AADBD DCBBB
1. Clare is absent from school today.
2. Our meetings are on the first Fridays of each month.
3. I think she’s one terrific singer.
4. This dictionary is not exactly what I wanted, but it will do.
5. My brother forgot to pick up our tickets for this evening’s concert.
6. Ruth stayed up all night and did puzzles.
7. Let’s meet downstairs at lunch hour.
8. Wasn’t that ice-cream refreshing?
9. Ellen’s been ill for a few days.
10. Bob thinks he lost his library book.
11. If they’d known it was going to rain, they would have called off the game.
12. That movie was mot at all what I expected.
13. Do you understand what I’m getting at?
14. The new French teacher has just come this week.
15. I’ve finally gotten used to drinking my tea without sugar.
16. Martha studied around the clock for her management exam.
17. These boxes are heavier than he told us they would be.
18. More people would have attended if it hadn’t snowed.
19. Betty stopped buying coffee in the morning at the student center.
20. An advanced course in theoretical chemistry is in the works. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-252994-1.html