1. (A). John’s sons would like to stay longer, too.
(B). John’s sons want to hear what you have to say.
(C). The Johnson’s want to stay here for two days.
(D). The Johnson’s will arrive here on Tuesday.
2. (A). What’s the idea?
(B). Was it a great deal of work?
(C). It’s an excellent idea.
(D). The ideal color is grey.
3. (A). I’m going to the play.
(B). I’ll practice the guitar.
(C). I’m going to display the guitars.
(D). I’ll see the players practicing.
4. (A). Why isn’t Larry taking art?
(B). I think Larry is taking several art courses.
(C). Does Larry know many artists?
(D). I don’t think Larry is very artistic.
5. (A). The meeting was rather interesting.
(B). The meeting wasn’t held yesterday after all.
(C). We didn’t go to all of yesterday’s meetings.
(D). We brought everything to the meeting.
6. (A). Marge was satisfied with her appearance.
(B). Marge seems to like her apartment.
(C). Marge was fairly happy with the report.
(D). Marge enjoys decorating her apartment.
7. (A). He was celebrating. (B). He was robbed.
(C). He was injured. (D). He was dancing.
8. (A). You are invited, but Anthony isn’t.
(B). You are invited to Anthony’s house.
(C). If Anthony doesn’t invite you, you can visit me.
(D). Visit Anthony only if he invites you.
9. (A). I think she was all right. (B). She looked up the word for me.
(C). Kay said she was fine. (D). She saw Kay and me.
10.(A). It’s too bad we didn’t score another point.
(B). Our team is the best one by far.
(C). We won a very close game.
(D). Their team didn’t get a single point.
11.(A). Her students get her to help them with their work from time to time.
(B).Her students occasionally do more than the required amount of work.
(C). She has more students working part-time than she had expected.
(D).She has so much work that she forgets about her students now and then.
12. (A). Dinner will be served when the speech is over.
(B). There will be a formal dress dinner.
(C). The candidate will speak after dinner.
(D). The candidate’s followers will eat without him.
13.(A). This wouldn’t be a good time to go to North Carolina.
(B). Visiting North Carolina is not what I’d like the most.
(C). I wish I could go to North Carolina.
(D). I was supposed to be in North Carolina by now.
14.(A). I didn’t see the red bus.
(B). I traveled by bus when I left.
(C). I got off the bus that just left.
(D). I don’t think the bus has gone yet.
15.(A). He interferes in the affairs of others.
(B).He frequently receives medals.
(C). He is in business of selling metals.
(D). He operates several businesses.
16.(A). He left the laboratory at three o’clock.
(B). He was unable to perform the experiment.
(C). He gave up his laboratory courses.
(D). He did three experiments.
17.(A). The walls are much too thin.
(B). I’m not fond of the pattern on the walls.
(C). The walls are covered with all kinds of newspapers.
(D). I don’t mind the posters hanging on the wall.
18.(A). That course will have to be repeated.
(B). You definitely won’t have to take that course again.
(C). You repeated that course under special circumstances.
(D). Of course those circumstances will never be repeated.
19.(A). The governor is having a swimming party.
(B). Part of the airplane wing is burning.
(C). The poplar trees are swaying in the breeze.
(D). People are changing their attitudes.
20.(A). Joe is a trooper. (B). Joe is very honest.
(C). Joe is a real friend. (D). Joe’s pail is blue.
DCBBA BCDAA BCCDA BBBDC
1. The Johnsons won’t be here until Tuesday.
2. What a great idea!
3. I’m going to practice playing the guitar.
4. Larry is taking a lot of art, isn’t he?
5. The meeting yesterday wasn’t at all boring.
6. Marge is pretty happy with her apartment.
7. He cried out and grabbed his knee.
8. Don’t visit Anthony unless you are invited.
9. She looked okay to me.
10. If only our team had scored one more point.
11. Sometimes professor Warren gets her students to do extra work.
12. Following the dinner will be an address by the candidate.
13. Wouldn’t I love to be in North Carolina right now.
14. I doubt the bus has already left.
15. Gordon is always meddling in other people’s business.
16. He attempted the experiment several times, but he gave up after three hours in the laboratory.
17. The only thing that bothers me about my office is the wall paper.
18. Under no circumstances should you have to repeat that course.
19. Popular opinion is swinging away from the governing party.
20. I’ll say one thing for Joe, he’s a true pal. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-252995-1.html