1. (A). I forgot my train ticket as well as my passport.
(B). Luckily I brought my ticket with me.
(C). I thought my passport was my ticket.
(D). I didn’t know I needed a passport.
2. (A). He was wearing his jacket to keep warm.
(B). He left the jacket close to the heater.
(C). He took off his jacket when he got too hot.
(D). He exchanged the jacket for a warmer one.
3. (A). We looked for a place to go.
(B). We enjoyed visiting Portland.
(C). We found out how to get there.
(D). We visited Portland and other places.
4. (A). Do these keys belong to you?
(B). Is he carrying your keys?
(C). Is this car easy to drive?
(D). Are you keeping the car?
5. (A). The mayor is finally coming.
(B). The mail probably hasn’t arrived.
(C). I don’t believe what the letter says.
(D). It’s unlikely that Neil has it.
6. (A). She played the violin after supper.
(B). She started playing at nine o’clock.
(C). She has just started to take violin lessons.
(D). She learned to play the violin as a child.
7. (A). He’s very foolish.
(B). Is he a fool or not?
(C). Why do you think he’s foolish?
(D). Why he did fool you?
8. (A). Dale was shopping.
(B). Dale was cooking.
(C). Dale was putting the food away.
(D). Dale was doing the dishes.
9. (A). The student asked about insulation.
(B). The student insulted the author.
(C). The author walked by the student.
(D). The author is going bald.
10.(A). Shall we have lunch there again sometime?
(B). Do we have to finish our lunch so fast?
(C). We won’t have lunch until we finish.
(D). We should have enough time to have lunch.
11.(A). Does that song sound familiar?
(B). We knew a dozen familiar songs.
(C). I may have heard that song before.
(D). Can you record the song for me?
12.(A). It shouldn’t be so hot. (B). It isn’t very light.
(C). It couldn’t be much dimmer. (D). It shouldn’t be so bright.
13.(A). Kevin was looking for his contact lens.
(B). Kevin had been looking for me.
(C). Kevin and I fought on the floor.
(D). Kevin assumed I was looking for something.
14.(A). You must answer ten questions for homework.
(B). Your homework is given on page ten.
(C). The answers need to be corrected in the workbook.
(D). The answers to the questions are page ten.
15.(A). Professor Graff doesn’t usually write on the blackboard.
(B). Students are rarely bored in Professor Graff’s class.
(C). The professor uses graphs when she lectures.
(D). Students in the graphic arts course don’t take notes.
16.(A). A couple of people left during the discussion.
(B). One person spoke and the others listened.
(C). All but a few people shared their ideas.
(D). Not everyone fully participated in the discussion.
17.(A). Henry was startled by the dog’s bark.
(B). The dog barked because Henry was jumping.
(C). Henry jumped over the dog.
(D). The dog barked in spite of Henry’s commands.
18.(A). He explained all about the circulatory system.
(B). He said the same thing over and over again.
(C). What he said persuaded nobody.
(D). His explanations were a source of pride.
19.(A). Peggy’s sister will be staying with her for a week.
(B). Peggy’s sister will arrive in eight days.
(C). Peggy is going to see her sister tomorrow.
(D). Peggy and her sister are coming to town soon.
20.(A). Take it back to the store! (B). Leave it where it is!
(C). Use it! (D). Put it away!
ACBAB DABBD CDDBA DACBC
1. Not only did I forgot my train ticket, but I also forgot my passport.
2. Because of the heat, he removed the jacket.
3. We found Portland an interesting place to visit.
4. Are these your car keys?
5. I don’t believe the mails come yet.
6. She began playing the violin when she was nine.
7. What a fool he is!
8. Dale measured the rice, salt, and water and put them into a pan on the stove.
9. The famous author was insulted by the student’s bold question.
10. We’ll have time to stop for lunch, won’t we?
11. That song does sound familiar.
12. The light is brighter than it ought to be.
13. Kevin saw me on the floor and thought that I was looking for my contact lenses.
14. On the bottom of page ten are the questions you need t answer for homework.
15. Professor Graff seldom uses the blackboard during her lectures.
16. The discussion was dominated by a couple of people.
17. The dog barked and Henry jumped.
18. All his explanations were in vain.
19. Peggy’s sister is coming to stay with her a week from tomorrow.
20. I didn’t spend three hours repairing your vacuum cleaner so it could sit in the closet. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-252996-1.html