1. (A). After robbing four banks, he got arrested.
(B). Although he robbed four banks, he was never arrested.
(C). He was arrested four times before he robbed the bank.
(D). He was never able to rob the rest of the banks.
2. (A). Night diving can be dangerous.
(B). You should have driven during the night.
(C). Did you really drive all night?
(D). Why don’t you drive all night?
3. (A). The books won’t cost anything.
(B). There won’t be any writing.
(C). There won’t be more than three students.
(D). Three books are required.
4. (A). Pam is taking a test.
(B). Pam asked the man many questions.
(C). Pam is seeing the doctor about her foot.
(D). Pam is a doctor who examines feet.
5. (A). You may overlook the errors.
(B). Check your work carefully.
(C). It’s too fine to have any flaws.
(D). Look over the shirts.
6. (A). The janitor locked the door after everyone else was gone.
(B). The door on the left was locked by the janitor.
(C). It took two people to lock the door.
(D). The Janitor and another person were left in the building.
7. (A). Alex did fine in calculus.
(B). Calculus was hard for Alex.
(C). Alex had trouble getting to math class.
(D). It used to be difficult for Alex to find us.
8. (A). Why is California so popular?
(B). California is my favorite state.
(C). Is California the state you mentioned?
(D). The state with the most people is California.
9. (A). I scream when he pitches the ball.
(B). She wanted to follow the customs.
(C). The children played ball in the desert lot.
(D). The customer asked for dessert.
10.(A). Joan bought salmon for dinner.
(B). Their new house is painted green.
(C).Their house has screened windows.
(D). Sam shone a light into the corner.
11.(A). He should have phoned to tell me about the exam.
(B). I wish he would delay the exam.
(C).There will be an exam if he comes.
(D). He should have mailed the exam results.
12.(A). I had the alarm set to go off at eleven.
(B). I had finished fixing Jack’s radio by eleven.
(C). Jack’s clock radio is designed to turn off automatically.
(D). Jack has agreed to have the radio off by eleven.
13.(A). Never remove his belongings. (B). He should be more serious.
(C). Don’t worry about what he said. (D). You should take him these.
14.(A). Connie now believes she can win.
(B). Connie told him that she could win.
(C). Connie convinced her to enter the race.
(D). Connie winced when she finished her race.
15.(A). People in the hall were surprisingly relaxed.
(B). The hall had a strange odor.
(C). Someone found a few cents in the hall.
(D). The lecturer tried to calm the rowdy students.
16.(A). Professor Stone doesn’t plan to retire for years.
(B).Every year Professor Stone talks about retiring.
(C). Each year Professor Stone retreads his tires.
(D). Professor Stone has been threatened many times.
17.(A). Here are the facts relevant to the topic.
(B). They all expressed their opinions on the topic.
(C). That’s the topic, but no one is interested.
(D). Those facts have little to do with the topic.
18.(A). It’s possible that she got on another plane.
(B). She heard that her flight had been canceled.
(C). It’s a good thing she didn’t miss her flight.
(D). She didn’t think the passengers would miss her.
19.(A). Jane has spoken to very few people in the class.
(B). Jane is one of the few people who speaks in the class.
(C). Those who like the class rarely speak to Jane.
(D). Most people Jane talked to like the class.
20.(A). Leo spilled his coffee.
(B). Leo was upset because the cup was empty.
(C). Leo emptied the cup of coffee.
(D). Leo knocked over the cup.
BCDCB ABDDB BDCAA BDCDD
1. He robbed four banks and never got arrested.
2. You drove all night?
3. We’ll be reading three books for this course.
4. The doctor is examining Pam’s foot.
5. Be sure to look over your papers to find any error.
6. The last person left and the janitor locked the door.
7. Alex used to find calculus difficult.
8. California, that is the most heavily populated state.
9. The customer wanted a bowl of peaches and ice-cream.
10. Sam and Joan have bought the green house on the corner.
11. If only he’d postpone the exam.
12. I made Jack agree to turn off the radio by 11 o’clock.
13. You shouldn’t take his remarks too seriously.
14. Connie’s convinced herself she can win the race.
15. There was an unexpected sense of calm in the lecture hall.
16. Year after year, Professor Stone threatens to retire.
17. Those facts are interesting, but irrelevant to the present topic.
18. To think she might have missed the plane.
19. Jane’s spoken to hardly anyone who dislikes the class.
20. Leo upset the empty coffee cup 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-252997-1.html