1. (A). Andrea knows the kind of typewriter she wants to buy.
(B). Andrea learned to type after she got a typewriter.
(C). Andrea used her new typewriter in the den.
(D). Andrea writes directions for operation typewriters.
2. (A). There’s a good sandwich shop near the drugstore.
(B). There’s different shop on every corner.
(C). The shop sells sandwiches that are small but good.
(D). It’s nice to have so many stores nearby.
3. (A). I’m having difficulty putting the facts in order.
(B). I could have gotten a map at the factory very easily.
(C). Knowing the difficulty, I could have found a solution.
(D). With a map, it would have been easy to locate the factory.
4. (A). The door was open, but I didn’t go in.
(B). I opened the door myself.
(C). Since the door was open, I came in.
(D). She opened the door to let me in.
5. (A). Please don’ t bring Jack with you.
(B). Jackets don’t need to be very long.
(C). We should probably take jackets with us.
(D). Jack wants to come along with us.
6. (A). The package was never delivered.
(B). The liver was packed in a box.
(C). The delivery man was on his way home.
(D). No one was home when the package arrived.
7. (A). Frank doesn’t like those cards.
(B). Frank hates to paint.
(C). Frank prefers light colors.
(D). Frank likes to play darts.
8. (A). Rachel wants to find a similar job.
(B). Rachel likes the job she has.
(C). I have to work together with Rachel.
(D). I want the same kind of work Rachel has.
9. (A). He drives too quickly.
(B). He should drive faster.
(C). He shouldn’t drive so often.
(D). He doesn’t need to go so slowly.
10. (A). Betty is accustomed to running things.
(B). Betty has been seeing Jim regularly.
(C). Betty is in better condition because she exercises.
(D). Betty’s health club membership cost over $300.
11. (A). Somebody said you made a mistake.
(B). I didn’t know it belonged to you.
(C). Someone else took it for you.
(D). I confused you with another person.
12.(A). In two months I will have been here a year.
(B). I feel like staying in this city a few more months.
(C). When I arrived here I was only a few months old.
(D). I feel I’ve been here longer than two months.
13.(A). Karen makes a good salary as a student counselor.
(B). Karen was lucky to be elected, wasn’t she?
(C). I don’t think Karen will be coming to the student council.
(D). Don’t you agree that Karen will probably win the election?
14.(A). Did you return with George?
(B). I don’t know whether you returned it or not.
(C). I doubt that George has returned.
(D). When did you return from the shore?
15.(A). For vacation, she prefers Arizona.
(B). She took a year’s leave of absence.
(C).This year she changed her vacation spot.
(D). She now lives in Florida.
16.(A). We both learned something from that experience.
(B).All of us failed to do the exercise.
(C). We frequently don’t learn from our experiences.
(D). Failure is something from which we can recover.
17.(A). It’s hard to imagine him making the repairs.
(B). It’s hard to imagine him owning a car.
(C). He knows how to fix his own car.
(D). He made the repairs when you weren’t watching.
18.(A). Florence should graduate soon.
(B). Florence should plan to take longer to finish school.
(C).Florence shouldn’t get so much sun.
(D). Florence shouldn’t inspect the crates so slowly.
19.(A). How does he organize his schedule?
(B). Are you aware of all the things he does?
(C). You know that he’s an actor, don’t you?
(D). How do you know about his activities?
20. (A). It was cooler yesterday than today.
(B). I predicted a warmer day than they did.
(C). Everyone predicted today would be very warm.
(D). People said it would be cooler than it is.
BADCC DCDAC DDDBC CABBD
1. Andrea bought a new electronic typewriter then leaned how to type.
2. Just around the corner from the drugstore is a nice little sandwich shop.
3. If I’d had a map, I could have found the factory with no difficulty.
4. The door was open, so I let myself in.
5. We need to bring jackets along, don’t we?
6. The package was delivered although no one was home.
7. Frank doesn’t like dark colors.
8. I ought to have a job like Rachel’s.
9. He drove faster than he should.
10. Betty has been going to the gym regularly and now she can run over three miles a day.
11. Excuse me, I mistook you for somebody else.
12. I feel like I’ve been in this city for year but it’s only been a couple of months.
13. Karen has a very good chance of being elected head of the student council, don’t you think?
14. I’m not sure you returned it, Gorge?
15. Although Jane prefers to vacation in Florida, she went to Arizona this year.
16. All too often we fail to learn from experience.
17. Can’t you just see him repairing his own car?
18. Florence shouldn’t expect to graduate so soon.
19. You know how active he is?
20. It’s warmer today than they predicted. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-252998-1.html