1. (A). Go directly to the post office when class is over.
(B). Let’s first straighten up the classroom and then go to the post office.
(C). That’s the most direct way to the post office from our class.
(D). The post office is straight ahead of the classroom building.
2. (A). I don’t think that algebra is hard.
(B). I like algebra better than geometry.
(C). Geometry isn’t difficult for me.
(D). Geometry is easier for me than algebra.
3. (A). Greg believed he could do it alone.
(B). Greg thought he’d cut himself.
(C). Greg thought he was selfish.
(D). Greg alone believed it could be done.
4. (A). After it rained, hr washed his car.
(B). He was unable to wash his car because it was raining.
(C). It began to rain right after he washed his car.
(D). He had to finish washing his car in the rain.
5. (A). Don’t make noise in the kitchen.
(B). You may not cook here.
(C). They were quiet when they ate.
(D). These are homemade cookies.
6. (A). You should call Margaret soon.
(B). Margaret will be better later on.
(C). It’s too late to call on Margaret now.
(D). Margaret is the best person to tell.
7. (A). He never walks to the library at night.
(B).There is only one librarian here at night.
(C). The library is the only place to study.
(D). He never works in the library in the daytime.
8. (A). How was your dinner? (B). Please have dinner with us.
(C). We had dinner together. (D). Will there be four of us for dinner?
9. (A). Jerry dislikes the clothes he has.
(B). Jerry doesn’t like doing his laundry.
(C). Jerry hates to take showers.
(D). Jerry’s clothes don’t need ironing.
10. (A). Debbie checked with her son’s doctor.
(B). Debbie sent her son for a checkup.
(C). Debbie paid her son’s doctor.
(D). Debbie wrote a note to the doctor’s son.
11. (A). The pool was scheduled to open on Tuesday.
(B). The pool is opening today.
(C).The pool will open tomorrow.
(D). The pool should be open on Saturday.
12. (A). Nelson Studios took the picture for my passport.
(B). I studied the photograph of the port.
(C). I took my passport to the studios.
(D). I pass by Nelson Studios on my way to work.
13. (A). I told you to see a lot of museums.
(B). You’ve taught me a great deal here.
(C). People say that you know this place well.
(D). Many museums are like this one, you know.
14.(A). I’d expected Linda to give a performance.
(B). Linda hadn’t been expecting to perform.
(C). I’d expected Linda to do things differently.
(D). Linda had expected me to be there.
15. (A). You’ll probably finish in time to help Dorothy.
(B). Dorothy would be a great help to you.
(C). Dorothy won’t finish without your help.
(D). There’s no time for Dorothy to help you.
16.(A). I have no supplies. (B). I just left the supply store.
(C). I just found a supply. (D). I went out to get supplies.
17. (A). You don’t think the seminar is fascinating, do you?
(B). The seminar will continue while we are eating.
(C). I find the seminar extremely interesting.
(D). The dissemination of information is fast, isn’t it?
18. (A). She didn’t use the record player afterwards.
(B). She didn’t play all her old records.
(C). She bought the same kind of record player.
(D). She kept her old record player.
19. (A). The encyclopedias were on order.
(B). The encyclopedias weren’t checked out.
(C). The encyclopedias weren’t any good.
(D).The encyclopedias were improperly arranged.
20.(A). We broke two cups. (B). We left at two o’clock.
(C). We divided into two groups. (D). We met two people.
ADACB ADBBC DACCB ACDDB
1. After class, go straight to the post office.
2. Geometry is hard for me but algebra is harder.
3. Greg thought he could do it himself.
4. No sooner had he finished washing his car than it started to rain.
5. Cooking is not allowed in this dormitory.
6. You’d better call Margaret before it gets too late.
7. He works in the library only at night.
8. How about joining us for dinner?
9. Jerry hates washing and ironing his own clothe.
10. Debby wrote a check for her son’s doctor bill.
11. Today is Thursday and the swimming pool is supposed to open the day after tomorrow.
12. I got my passport photo taken at Nelson’s studios.
13. I was told that you know a lot about this museum.
14. Linda’s performance wasn’t what I’d expected.
15. If Dorothy helped you, you’d finish in no time.
16. I just ran out of supplies.
17. This seminar is fascinating, don’t you think?
18. She didn’t sell her ole record player after all.
19. The encyclopedias were out of order.
20. Our group broke up at two. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-253115-1.html