1. (A). I decided to buy a new record.
(B). I wanted to make a tape recording of the music.
(C). The recording was not the one I wanted.
(D). No records of that music exist.
2. (A). Joanne worked in graduate school.
(B). Joanne finished graduate school quickly.
(C).Right after graduate school, Joanne started to work.
(D). Right after work, Joanne went to graduate school.
3. (A). Has he been to the library?
(B). He needs a library card.
(C). The librarian hasn’t gotten there.
(D). Doesn’t the library have his card.
4. (A). I didn’t know where you lived, so I didn’t visit you.
(B). I couldn’t find your dress.
(C). I had no idea you were visiting.
(D). I looked up your address, but you weren’t at home.
5. (A). He gradually learned to cook.
(B). He can cook small meals.
(C). He taught children how to cook.
(D). He knows very little about cooking.
6. (A). A committee selected the class representative.
(B). The committee gave her a present.
(C). She has chosen us to be on the committee.
(D). She will represent us on the committee.
7. (A). We have plenty of time to read the newspapers.
(B). We won’t be able to look at all the papers.
(C). We don’t have enough paper.
(D). We will have to check the time in the newspaper.
8. (A). I think that suit is too informal.
(B). I think you should wear a warmer coat today.
(C). I don’t think that coat is appropriate for the weather.
(D). I don’t think that suit should be worn with that coat.
9. (A). We went to the party after finishing the test.
(B). We’ll go to the party if we finish on time.
(C). We have to go to a party after class.
(D). We’re going to have a party when the test is over.
10. (A). Peter and I still have to buy our books.
(B). Peter doesn’t have his books, but I have mine.
(C). Neither Peter nor I have studied yet.
(D).The books I bought were not for Peter.
11.(A). She is probably eating lunch with Linda.
(B). She has to make Linda’s lunch for her.
(C). She must go to see Linda before lunch.
(D). She left her lunch at Linda’s.
12.(A). The assignment is boring.
(B). The class was canceled.
(C). Dr. Johnson phoned the class members.
(D). Dr. Johnson is taking over this week.
13.(A). He has not done well this semester because he was sick.
(B). He is planning to take a semester off and work on a ship.
(C). The scholarship was based on his course work this semester.
(D). His grades are not good enough for him to receive financial aid.
14. (A). Jim did some schoolwork at home.
(B). Jim cleaned up the living room.
(C). Jim rearranged the books in his study.
(D). Jim picked out a book with a red cover.
15. (A). She stopped to drink some coffee.
(B). She couldn’t find any coffee to drink.
(C). She no longer drinks coffee.
(D). She dislikes coffee but still drinks it.
16. (A). The doctor called her up long ago.
(B). Dr. Calder proceeded with the project.
(C). Dr. Calder decided to give up the project.
(D). The doctor rejected the gift.
17. (A). Ted pointed out where the key was.
(B). Ted doesn’t want to be appointed.
(C). Ted is usually a punctual person.
(D). Ted doesn’t know he has an appointment.
18.(A). Do you have a good view, Jane?
(B). Can you show me where Jane is?
(C). Are you watching lane?
(D). May I have this seat, Jane?
19.(A). He didn’t give her the money.
(B). He didn’t understand her.
(C). He didn’t trust her.
(D). He didn’t answer her question.
20.(A). H doesn’t think he’s overweight.
(B). He thinks about his weight too much.
(C). He is trying to gain weight.
(D). He isn’t overweight anymore.
BCBAA DBCDA ABDAC BCABD
1. I wanted to record the music.
2. Joanne finished the graduate school and got a job immediately.
3. He has to get a library card, doesn’t he?
4. If I had known your address, I would have visited you.
5. Little by little, he learned to cook.
6. She’s been chosen to represent our class on the committee.
7. We haven’t got enough time to check all these papers.
8. Do you think that coat is suitable to wear on such a hot day?
9. When we finish the exam, we’re having a party.
10. I haven’t bought my books yet, and neither has Peter.
11. She must have gone to Linda’s for lunch.
12. Dr. Johnson’s class has been called off for the rest of the week, the assignment is
on the board.
13. Even if he does well in his course this semester there’s no way he’ll get a scholarship.
14. Jim read a book and did some studying in the living room.
15. My sister stopped drinking coffee.
16. Dr. Calder has worked on the project too long to give up.
17. It’s not like Ted to be late for an appointment, so I don’t know what’s keeping him?
18. Can you see, Jane?
19. She responded so quickly that he didn’t catch her reply.
20. To think he used to be over-weight. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-253118-1.html