1.(A). The teacher wrote a recommendation for Judy.
(B). Judy didn’t finish all the recommended reading.
(C). Judy had dried herself off already.
(D). The teacher couldn’t mend the damaged book.
2.(A). May I see that can, please?
(B). I think I will fail my exam.
(C). I don’t see where the exam grades are posted.
(D). I might be able to find a story for him.
3.(A). She wrote letters in the kitchen.
(B). The cooking chicken smelled very good.
(C). They were quite vicious.
(D). The old Roman recipe called for chicken.
4.(A). My lawyer is interested in the will.
(B). My lawyer charges interest on the bill.
(C).I will lower the interest rate.
(D). I will rest inside.
5. (A). We, too, were warned about the wind.
(B). We hoped the pen would work.
(C). We were hot and uncomfortable.
(D). We came too soon to see the opening.
6. (A). I’m watching a track meet.
(B). My washing machine is being fixed.
(C). I took them some pears.
(D). My watch needs to be worked on.
7. (A). Your advisor put a sign up on the door.
(B).Your advisor is quite tall.
(C). You may have to get glasses after all.
(D). You should talk to your advisor before signing up.
8. (A). Sarah posed for half an hour.
(B). Sarah arrived sooner than expected.
(C). Sarah clocked the train at fifty miles per hour.
(D). Sarah supported the idea of closing earlier.
9. (A). Mark and Alice are like their father.
(B). Mark offered Alice a hand.
(C). Mark and Alice aren’t loud.
(D). Mark and Alice aren’t in our booth.
10.(A). Cars are more popular than bicycles.
(B). More students ride bicycles.
(C). Dan Carson is on campus.
(D). There are icicles on the cars.
11.(A). I got butter on my report.
(B).I am better today so I’ll visit Joe.
(C). I think Joe could help me.
(D). I can see better than Joe can.
12.(A). We meet once every two weeks.
(B).We meet for an hour.
(C). They asked me and several others.
(D). They love to fly on windy days.
13.(A). Bill had to return to the library to find a book.
(B). Bill owed money because he had kept the book too long.
(C). It’s fine to keep a book more than a month.
(D). A fee is required for borrowing books.
14. (A). I went to the museum one day.
(B). I heard a concert at the museum.
(C). I’m going to visit the museum soon.
(D). I’d see only a part of the museum in a day.
15. (A). My letter contained important knowledge.
(B). My letter may never have been received.
(C). The company insured my letter.
(D). The company said my letter had arrived.
16.(A). Mark kept on walking. (B). Mark’s foot hurt.
(C). Mark was exhausted. (D). Mark’s car has two flat tires.
17. (A). A rain wouldn’t help much.
(B). There is little doubt about it.
(C). Dave is afraid to do anything.
(D). We relived that day.
18. (A). It won’t matter if Allen doesn’t bring his new camera.
(B). Allen will still take some pictures of the ocean.
(C). The weather will be good for taking pictures.
(D). We will need Allen’s new camera for still pictures.
19. (A). Janet wants to own a town house.
(B). Rebecca didn’t visit her.
(C). Rebecca was new in town.
(D). Janet would have to stoop to get by.
20. (A). She threw a firecracker.
(B). She overturned her tractor.
(C). She stopped the attacker.
(D). She headed over the track
BBBAC DDBCB CABDD CAABC
1. Judy tried to read every book the teacher recommended, but she couldn’t.
2. I don’t see how I can possibly pass my history exam.
3. There was a delicious aroma of roast chicken.
4. This will interests my lawyer.
5. When the room became too warm, we opened the window.
6. My watch isn’t running very well, so I’ve taken it to be repaired.
7. After talking to your advisor, you may sign up for classes.
8. Sarah was supposed to come on the 5:00 clock train, but she came half an hour early.
9. Mark and Alive are both rather quiet.
10. There are more bicycles than cars on this campus.
11. I’d better see if Joe can help me with my report.
12. Our club meets every other Wednesday.
13. Since Bill didn’t return the library book promptly, he had to pay a fine.
14. If I were going to visit the museum I would concentrate on one exhibit for the day.
15. The insurance company acknowledged receiving my letter.
16. Mark was too tired to walk another foot.
17. A day of rain would do little to relieve the drought.
18. Whether or not Allen is willing to bring his camera, we can still take some pictures
of the ocean.
19. If Rebecca had known that Janet was in town she would have stopped by.
20. She threw her attacker over her head. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-253119-1.html