1. (A). We’re your guides for the day.
(B). You should wear your gloves.
(C). Where are the light bulbs?
(D). Are these gloves better than yours?
2. (A). I have a good time in that class.
(B). Wait until it’s time for class.
(C). I don’t think that class is worthwhile.
(D). You don’t need much paper for class.
3. (A). Ann helped me a lot.
(B). Even Ann felt helpless.
(C). Ann wasn’t helpful to anyone.
(D). Other people helped Ann more than me.
4. (A). He wants an ashtray.
(B). He’s trying to find an ash tree.
(C). He’s looking for strays.
(D). He’s going to look up the cash.
5. (A). I’ve done half as much work as I had planned.
(B). Although it is noon, I’m not finished yet.
(C). I need a whole day to complete the work.
(D). I’ve done all my work in half a day.
6. (A). Since I don’t see her, Karen probably didn’t take this plane.
(B). Karen is not supposed to fly overseas.
(C). Karen shouldn’t be frightened if she doesn’t see us.
(D). If the light is too bright, Karen won’t be able to see.
7. (A). You’re too late to meet my father.
(B). My father is never on time.
(C). I’d hoped you could come in my father’s car.
(D). You can meet my father if you have time.
8. (A). We have never stayed here before.
(B). This is the last week that we will stay here.
(C). A year has gone by since we were last here.
(D). We have been here for two weeks.
9. (A). I need to straighten my desk.
(B). I must get a new desk.
(C). I am missing a drawer.
(D). I have to repair the drawer.
10.(A). I addressed my teacher properly.
(B). My teacher has published very little.
(C). I occasionally correspond with my teacher.
(D). My teacher invites me only on special occasions.
11.(A). Bill doesn’t want people to know his political views.
(B). Bill agrees with most of the people in his political party.
(C). Bill’s frequent arguments are mainly political.
(D). Politics is not Bill’s favorite topic of discussion.
12.(A). I misread the instructions.
(B). The instructor wanted me to drive more carefully.
(C). The instructions were written in red.
(D). My instructions were to bake the bread carefully.
13.(A). Do you want to play here?
(B). Is it cards you want to play?
(C). You want to buy greeting cards?
(D). Do you have cards to play with?
14.(A). He was feeling tired.
(B). He needed to get some exercise.
(C)He disagreed with the professor.
(D). He wanted to ask a question.
15.(A). There won’t be any more projects.
(B). There won’t be any objections.
(C). The project is almost finished.
(D). The face will soon be completed.
16.(A). The psychologist was studied by the group.
(B). The psychologist studied the group.
(C). Many students take psychology courses.
(D). The were put into groups by the psychologist.
17.(A). Mrs. Wilson was running a farm.
(B). Mrs. Wilson was coaching the team.
(C). Mrs. Wilson was practicing nearby.
(D). Mrs. Wilson was always punctual.
18.(A). Did you do these drawings?
(B). How nice of you to do these!
(C). Have you done them already?
(D). You are quite an artist.
19.(A). They anticipated that I’d be delayed.
(B). They predicted that I’d guess the answer quickly.
(C). I’d hoped to see them when they arrived.
(D). I’d thought they would get here later.
20.(A). Please get your things out of my way.
(B). You should do what someone else wants sometimes.
(C). You never listen to what I say.
(D). Don’t be so possessive all the time.
BCAAD AADDC CABDC BBDDB
1. You’d better wear your gloves today.
2. That class is a waste of time.
3. No one could have been more helpful to me than Ann was.
4. He’s looking for an ashtray.
5. I finished a whole day’s work, but it’s only noon.
6. Karen must not be on this flight because I don’t see her.
7. If you’d come on time, you could have met my father.
8. We’ve been staying here since the week before last.
9. My desk drawer needs to be fixed.
10. I write my teacher an occasional letter.
11. Bill is always getting into arguments with people, especially about politics.
12. I should have read the instructions more carefully.
13. You want to play cards?
14. He raised his hand because he was puzzled with the professor’s explanation.
15. This is the last phase of the project.
16. The group was studied by the psychologist.
17. Mrs. Wilson had the girls run around the field several times before their practice
18. What wonderful drawings you’ve done!
19. My guests arrived sooner than I had anticipated.
20. Listen, Randy, you can’t always have things in your own way. 内容来自 听力课堂网：http://www.tingclass.net/show-8723-253120-1.html